Match your status with VIPorter
It’s Porter’s turn to offer status match, a few weeks after WestJet Rewards made a similar announcement.
In the case of the VIPorter loyalty program, only members with Aeroplan status are targeted. In other words, VIPorter Avid Traveller status will be awarded on the basis of Aeroplan Elite status achieved.
This status match offer is available until September 6, 2023.
You need to follow these three steps to get status match:
- If you are not a VIPorter member, you must first register
- You must fill in the form to take advantage of this offer. You must first log in with your VIPorter membership number, then provide a screenshot of your Aeroplan account showing your name, status and expiry date , or your name and the number of segments you have completed this year.
- The VIPorter team will review your application and respond within three weeks.
Depending on the Aeroplan Elite status achieved, the following VIPorter status is available:
|Aeroplan Elite Status||Equivalent VIP status|
|50K, 75K and Super Elite||VIPorter First|
It is also possible to obtain VIPorter status based on the number of segments (SQS) obtained in your Aeroplan account:
|Number of Aeroplan segments (SQS)||Equivalent VIP status|
|28 and over||VIPorter First|
VIPorter members with frequent flyer status enjoy a higher points multiplier, dedicated airport services, free seat selection, and other benefits.
Once the status has been matched, it will be valid until the end of 2023. In order to maintain status until December 31, 2024, you will need to complete a challenge.
Challenge to maintain status
From the moment you obtain VIPorter status, you will have until the end of 2023 to reach the threshold of qualifying spend that will allow you to extend the status until the end of 2024.
The thresholds required for each status are as follows:
- VIPorter Passport: $500 in eligible expenses
- VIPorter Venture: $750 in qualifying spend
- VIPorter Ascent: $1,500 in qualifying spend
- VIPorter Première: $2,500 in qualifying spend
Essentially, any dollar spent with Porter, excluding taxes and fees, is eligible to meet the spending goal. For more details, see the VIPorter program terms and conditions.
This offer of status match follows on from the one made to WestJet last April, which has now been completed. This is a common practice in the world of loyalty programs to attract customers from competitors. These offers are also common in hotel loyalty programs.
If you’re a frequent flyer on Porter or Air Canada/Aeroplan, this offer is definitely worth considering.