The Canadian Tire Triangle Loyalty Program is easy to use and helps you save at participating stores. Apart from the Canadian Tire superstore and its garage services, the affiliated businesses sell mostly sports equipment and clothing, which will certainly appeal to this targeted clientele.
One of the program’s strengths is its no-fee credit cards that increase the percentage of CT cash back. The weak link is that these discounts can only be applied at a limited number of merchants and cannot be used on the purchase of gasoline.
If you are a regular customer of participating stores and some of your bills can be paid by credit, you may benefit from joining a Canadian Tire Triangle credit card and loyalty program.
However, if not, being a member of the loyalty program would suffice. That is, of course, if you are not already earning points with another program.
How do I register for Canadian Tire Triangle Rewards?
The Triangle Reward card is a rewards card, not a credit card.
The actual card can be requested at participating businesses or by calling customer service at 1-800-226-8473, but is not required for your purchases.
At the checkout, simply use your digital card on the Triangle app you downloaded or give your phone number.
At the time of payment you request to apply Canadian Tire Money against a reduced invoice.
The Triangle application and the emails you receive keep you informed of exclusive and personalized offers.
Here is the list of participating Canadian Tire Triangle Rewards stores:
- Canadian Tire (including its garage)
- Party City
- Sport Chek
- Sports Rousseau
- Hockey Experts
- L’Entrepôt du Hockey
- Mark’s Stores
- Participating Sports Experts
- Essence+ Gas+ stations, as well as participating Husky
With your Triangle credit card:
- get between 1.5% and 3% back in CT Money on grocery purchases, depending on whether you have the Triangle Mastercard or World Elite Mastercard Triangle credit card (excluding Walmart and Costco)
- get 4% back when you have a Triangle credit card, on your purchases at Canadian Tire, Party City, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, Sports Rousseau, Hockey Experts, L’Entrepôt du Hockey and in participating Mark’s, L’Équipeur and Sports Experts stores.
- Gas: 3¢ per litre at a Essence+ Gas+ stations, as well as at participating Husky stations with your loyalty card. If you have a Triangle credit card : 7¢ in CT Money on a litre of premium gasoline and 5¢ per litre on other types of fuel.
The Triangle loyalty program, which is very popular with Canadians, is affiliated with the brand’s credit cards.
Using one of these cards allows you to earn CT Money currency faster and to use other program benefits.
Both Triangle credit cards have no fees and offer Canadian Tire money cash back.
Those cards are:
- The Triangle® Mastercard® which requires you to be of legal age to own a credit card, to be a Canadian resident and to be employed or retired.
- The World Elite Mastercard® Triangle® which requires an annual income of over $80,000. It offers the highest rebate rate in CT Money, excellent roadside assistance, 90-day extended warranty coverage and concierge service. And, most of all, it is possible to pay certain bills with this credit card.
These credit cards increase the percentage of Canadian Tire ‘Money’ cash back when you shop at participating stores.
Please note that the use of a credit card other than the Triangle Mastercard credit cards – such as a cash back credit card – gives you a 0.05% CT Money cash back on your purchases when you show your loyalty card, in addition of course to the regular points earned with your credit card.
Being a member of the Triangle loyalty program also gives you access to unique experiences and events, exclusive contests and great gifts.
In the past, winners have been able to:
- Attend a Canadian NHL® game in the heart of Las Vegas during an all-inclusive weekend
- Have their home decorated with the CANVAS® product line
- Attend the MLB All-Star Game in Cleveland, Ohio, with exclusive access to the MLB All Star Summer Bash and Home Run Derby
In addition, as a member, you can take advantage of Triangle Bonus Days, “Spend & Earn” events and special personalized offers in weekly flyers. For example: from December 28 to 31, 2020, when you spend over $200 at Canadian Tire, you can earn 30X or 40X the regular points.