This post is also available in: FR
How To Save Money At Shell Service Stations with AIR MILES?
Shell service stations are among the many partners available within the AIR MILES Loyalty Program. Many members of the Milesopedia community regularly fill up or shop at the convenience store while earning AIR MILES Reward Miles:
- to earn travel rewards, products, event or theme park tickets with Dream Miles
- to save money at Shell service stations when redeeming AIR MILES Cash Miles
Earn AIR MILES Reward Miles at Shell Service Stations
Base offer at Shell service stations
In Canada, AIR MILES members earn AIR MILES Reward Miles at Shell Service stations on almost all their purchases:
- Earn 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile per 20 litres of Shell Bronze, Shell Silver or Shell Diesel fuel purchased in a single transaction
- Earn 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile per 10 litres of Shell V-Power Nitro+ or Shell V-Power fuel purchased in a single transaction
- Earn 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $5 of eligible non-fuel products purchased in a single transaction
Note that a maximum of 50 AIR MILES Reward Miles can be earned for all base offers per 24-hour period.
Bonus opportunities at Shell Service stations
You can get more Bonus Reward Miles when checking current offers.
You can also get AIR MILES Reward Miles on oil change services at Jiffy Lube, including filter:
- Get 2 Reward Miles on oil change services of $14.99 or less
- Get 3 Reward Miles on oil change services between $15.00 and $29.99
- Get 5 Reward Miles on oil change services of $30.00 or more
AIR MILES and Shell Go+
Shell Go+ gives all Collectors the opportunity to get even more Miles with every visit including:
- Up to 100% more Miles on all Shell fuels
- 100% more Miles on eligible in-store purchases
- A top-up of 5x the Miles when Collectors use any BMO AIR MILES Credit Card
- 10 Bonus Miles when they use 95 Cash Miles towards a purchase
Offer At Shell Aviation Locations
You can get 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $25 purchase of Shell Aviation Fuel.
Using your AIR MILES Cash Miles at Shell
You can redeem 95 AIR MILES Cash Miles for $10 of free gas.
You can use up to 570 Cash Miles per transaction (or $60). Also, AIR MILES has a daily redemption limit of 7,125 Cash Miles (or $750).
AIR MILES Events at Shell Service Stations
Several times a year, the AIR MILES Loyalty Program runs promotional events in which its merchant partners such as Shell service stations participate.
These events are predictable every year, and our saving experts know how to optimize their gas fill up at Shell to get a lot of AIR MILES Reward Miles!
Credit cards and Shell Service stations
Some credit cards earn more points, miles or cash back at Shell service stations. Here are the best cards to save money at Shell.
AIR MILES credit cards
With the American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card, you can get:
- 1 Mile for every $5 in Card purchases at Shell, but also at all other service stations, local transportation, grocery stores, restaurants and bars.
- 1 mile for every $10 in Card purchases everywhere else
With BMO no-fee credit cards, you can earn 3x the miles for every $25 in Card purchases made at Shell (and participating AIR MILES Partners). Plus, the AIR MILES Reward Miles you earn when you show your AIR MILES loyalty card. Plus, the AIR MILES Reward Miles you earn when you show your AIR MILES loyalty card.
Other credit cards
In addition to the Shell and AIR MILES credit cards, other credit cards offer you the opportunity to earn more points for purchases at service stations like Shell (or convenience stores).
For example, if you like cash back, you can earn 4% cash back for your purchases at gas stations, including Shell, with the CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite Card.
Do you prefer points for travel?
With the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite* Card, you can earn 5 points for every dollar you spend at gas stations (as well as for grocery, restaurants, food delivery and local transportation).
Alternatively, we recommend using the American Express® Gold Rewards Card: with this Card, you can earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every dollar you spend at gas stations.
Finally, if you are a sole-proprietor, professional or small business owner, we recommend one of these business credit cards for your purchases at gas stations:
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!