This post is also available in: FR
AIR MILES has just announced to its members the replacement of Transat by RedTag. What does this mean in concrete terms?
AIR MILES separates from Transat
After December 31, 2018 at 11:59pm EST, AIR MILES Collectors will no longer be able to:
- Obtain miles directly from Transat Travel, Club Voyages, Voyages Transat, Travel Plus, Marlin Travel and tripcentral.ca,
- use their miles for Transat travel certificates.
Members will continue to be able to use their Silver miles for Transat e-vouchers through December 31, 2018.
RedTag.ca, new AIR MILES partner
Instead of Transat Distribution, AIR MILES has chosen to partner with RedTag.ca.
Starting January 8, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EST, you can earn and use miles for vacation package bookings at redtag.ca.
As part of this new partnership, you can earn and use miles on vacation package bookings:
- Earn 1 mile for every $20 spent on vacation packages booked with redtag.ca
- For every 909 Dream Miles you use, you’ll earn $100 towards a vacation package at redtag.ca.
- Flexibility to earn and use miles: Use Dream Miles for dollar discounts on online bookings, and earn miles on the total value of your reservation.
RedTag offers thousands of vacation packages from Canada’s leading travel suppliers… including Transat.
- Air Canada Vacations,
- WestJet Vacations,
- Sunquest Vacations,
- Porter Escapes,
- Sunwing Vacations
Set your mileage goal…. in dreams!
Prior to December 31, 2018, Transat eCoupons could be earned with Silver miles.
With this new partnership, members will be required to use their Dream Miles to transact with RedTag.ca.
If your goal is to purchase a vacation package, we strongly encourage you to pay your AIR MILES miles accumulation percentage… on the Dreams side!
It is therefore a major change that was announced on the sly in early October, and in early November via an email campaign to members. This is quite a late announcement, especially for members who collect their AIR MILES miles in “Silver” and must use them before December 31, 2018 if their goal was Transat travel certificates!
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!