- Earn 7.5% cash back on all purchases for the first 3 months (up to $2,000 in total purchases).1
- Plus, get 2.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months (22.99% after that; annual fee $39)1
- Cash back with low annual fee
- 2% on eligible gas station, grocery store and drug store purchases and recurring bill payments
- 1% cash back on all other eligible everyday purchases
- Rates, fees and other information are effective as of Mar 1, 2021. Subject to change.
Fees & Conditions
◊ Offer Description and Conditions: The 7.5% Cash Back and Introductory 2.99% Rate Offer (the “Offer”) applies only to new Scotia Momentum Visa credit card accounts (“Accounts”) that are opened by May 2, 2021 and is subject to the below terms and conditions. All other terms and conditions of the Program Terms continue to apply. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time without notice and cannot be combined with any other offers.
Eligibility and Exclusions: Individuals who are currently or were previously primary or secondary cardholders of a Scotiabank retail credit card (with the exception of cardholders of the Scotiabank More Rewards credit card) in the past 2 years, including those that switch from an existing Scotiabank retail credit card, as well as employees of Scotiabank, are not eligible for the offer. Subject to the above exclusions, Scotiabank small business credit cardholders are eligible for the Offer.
7.5% Cash Back Offer Conditions: You will earn 7.5% cash back on the first $2,000 in eligible purchases you spend on your new Account within the first 3 months of the Account open date (the “Promotional Period”). Eligible purchases include purchases (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques or cash-like transactions), interest, fees or other charges. After the Promotional Period, you will earn regular cash back on eligible purchases at the regular cash back rate (the “Cash Back Program Rate”) described in the Scotia Momentum Visa Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions (the “Program Terms”). The 7.5% cash back rate for any category is made up of the sum of: (i) the regular Cash Back Program Rate (variable by categories as set out under the Program Terms); and (ii) a “Cash Back Bonus Rate”.
Cash back earned under this Offer will be credited to your Account in 2 instalments so long as your Account is open and in good standing at time of payout of each:
1. Bonus Cash Back: The amount earned under the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date; and
2. Regular Cash Back: The amount earned under your regular Cash Back Program Rate will be credited to your Account according to the regular cash back payment schedule as set out under the Program Terms.
The Account is considered in good standing if it is not delinquent (past due) or over limit and the Cardholder(s) is not in breach of the Revolving Credit Agreement that applies to the Account.
EXAMPLE: If the Regular Cash Back Program Rate for the Groceries and Recurring Payments category is 2% then the Cash Back Bonus Rate will be 5.5% for that category so that you will earn a total of 7.5% on the amount of all eligible everyday purchases in that category during the Promotional Period. If you make $2,000 in eligible everyday purchases in the Groceries and Recurring Payments category, your cash back earnings will be credited to your Account as follows:
(1) the Cash Back Bonus earnings of $110 (5.5% x $2,000) (which will not be tracked on your monthly statements), will be credited to your Account within 7 months from the Account open date, and
(2) the Regular Cash Back earnings of $40 (2% x $2,000) (which will be tracked on your monthly statements), will be credited to your Account as per the regular cash back payment schedule (i.e., November).
Introductory 2.99% Rate Offer Conditions: The introductory 2.99% interest rate on balance transfers applies only to cash advances (including balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions) (collectively “Cash Advances”) subject to the conditions below (the “Offer”). This rate applies when the new Scotia Momentum Visa credit card account (“Account”) is opened by May 2, 2021 and will continue for 6 months from date of Account opening (the “Promotional Period”). This Offer is subject to any available limit for Cash Advances (the “Cash Advance Available Limit”) on your Account. This Offer cannot be used to transfer a balance from another Scotiabank Account, or to make a payment or deposit to another Scotiabank Account. After the Promotional Period, the 2.99% interest rate on any promotional Cash Advances (including any that remain unpaid after the Promotional Period ends) will increase to the preferred interest rate on Cash Advances (currently 22.99%). If you don’t pay the minimum payment on your Account by the payment due date on your statement, two times in any consecutive 12-month period, you will lose the benefit of this promotional rate Offer and the interest rates that apply on any unpaid balance will increase to the standard annual interest rates that apply to your Account (currently 24.99% on purchases and 27.99% on Cash Advances). Rates and Fees: A Balance Transfer fee of 0% of the amount of each Balance Transfer transferred during the Promotional Period applies to this Offer.
The current annual fee is $39 for the primary card and $15 for each additional supplementary card.
The current preferred annual interest rates for the Account are: 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on Cash Advances.
All rates, fees, features and benefits are subject to change.