- Limited time offer: 8% cashback on purchases in restaurants and eligible recurring pre-authorized payments for 3 months (up to a maximum of $1,500 in eligible purchases and payments).
- 1% cashback on purchases in restaurants and eligible recurring pre-authorized payments
- 0.5% cashback on other eligible purchases
- Mobile protection: Get insured against theft or damage for up to 2 years following the purchase of your mobile device
Fees & Conditions
We estimate the value of the welcome offer during the first year for all the credit card offers. Are taken into consideration:
- The value of cash back or points earned
- The value of the benefits or credits earned with the Card
- The annual fee value (offered or not)
|Calculation of the offer value
in the first year
|Value per point||1 ¢|
Description of promotion:
New cardholders will get a 8% cashback on purchases in restaurants and eligible recurring pre-authorized payments charged to their National Bank® mycredit® Mastercard® credit card.
The client must apply for the mycredit Mastercard between June 1st and August 31, 2021. Eligible purchases must be carried out within 3 months of the date the credit card account is opened.
Promotional cashback limits
New cardholders will get an 8% cashback on purchases in restaurants and eligible recurring pre-authorized payments during the promotion period, up to a maximum of $1,500 in eligible purchases and payments. If this $1,500 maximum is exceeded and after the promotion period, the regular cashback rate of 1% will apply to purchases in restaurants and eligible recurring pre-authorized payments.
Calculating promotional cashbacks
The cashback is calculated on net purchases over a 3-month period, starting on the account opening date. The transaction date used is the date transactions are charged to the account (not the date they are carried out). For example, if the account is opened on June 15, the account holder will have until September 15 to carry out eligible purchases and payments.
Net purchases refer to the amount in purchases and payments charged to the account less returns and refunds. Annual fees, balance transfers, cash advances, cash transactions, interest charges and any other fees and adjustments are not included in the calculation.
How will the cashback be applied to the account?
The cashback earned under this promotion will be applied to the account in two ways, provided the account is in good standing when the cashbacks are awarded:
- Regular cashback: The cashback earned at the cashback program’s regular rate (1%) will be credited monthly to the credit card account, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the program.
- Bonus cashback: The cashback earned at the bonus rate (7%) will be credited to the credit card account in a single instalment at the latest at the 5th statement following account opening.
The cashback program’s regular rate for purchases in restaurants and eligible recurring pre-authorized payments is 1%. Under this promotion, clients will earn a bonus 7% cashback on these purchases and payments, for a total 8% cashback until the end of the promotion period. If you charge a total of $1,500 in eligible purchases and payments to the card, the cashback credited to your account will be calculated as follows:
- (1) Regular 1% cashback X $1,500 = $15 credited to your account (applied monthly)
- (2) Bonus 7% cashback X $1,500 = $105 credited to your account in a single instalment at the latest at the 5th statement following account opening
Purchases in restaurants: Any purchase made with the eligible card in a food and beverage establishment or on the website of a food and beverage establishment, such as a restaurant, fast food restaurant, bar, nightclub or pub (once they are permitted to be open), whose associated Mastercard merchant code is 5812, 5813 or 5814. Purchases at restaurants made through independent delivery services are eligible, although there may be some exceptions.
Recurring pre-authorized payments: Regular payments that are automatically collected from your credit card by a biller. Example: Monthly cell phone payments.
Eligibility and terms and conditions
This promotion is intended for individuals who do not have a National Bank Mastercard credit card and have not held a National Bank credit card within the last 24 months. The promotion does not apply to additional cards. It cannot be combined with any other National Bank promotion. Employees of National Bank and its subsidiaries and entities are not eligible for this promotion. The credit card is issued subject to credit approval by National Bank. The offer may be modified, extended or cancelled, without prior notice, at any time.
All other terms and conditions of the cashback program continue to apply during the promotion period. See terms and conditions
For credit terms and conditions applicable to the product, click here.