The Platinum Card® is the best premium Card in Canada for travellers.
With this card, you get:
- 3 points per dollar on dining purchases
- 2 points per dollar on travel purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other purchases
With this great welcome offer, you could earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points when you charge $3,000 in purchases to your Card in the first three months of Cardmembership.
You can use your Membership Rewards points in multiple ways:
- Transfer points to frequent flyer programs (Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, Delta Skymiles, etc.)
- Transfer points to hotel programs (Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any travel purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $10)
- Redeem points for statement credits to offset any other purchase charged to your Card (1,000 points = $7)
- And more!
With this Card, you also have advantages for your travels:
- $200 Annual Travel Credit
- Unlimited access for you and an additional traveller to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries
- Hilton Honors Gold Elite status (complimentary breakfast at all Hilton hotels)
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts program
Finally, the Platinum Card® comes with premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage, $500,000 Travel Accident, Emergency medical insurance (outside the province or country), Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay insurance and misdirected baggage, Hotel or motel burglary, Purchase Protection® Plan, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan.
American Express Cobalt™ Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best credit card from American Express.
You can get a welcome bonus of up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points, that’s a $300 value. Considering the minimum spend requirement in the first 12 months, this is a $480 value in the first year!
You can redeem your points in statement credits towards travel purchases or even on your everyday purchases. Or you can transfer your points to Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors.
With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you can earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
|Gas & Transit||2|
Besides, this Card provides premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Baggage delay, Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay, $250,000 Travel Accident, Hotel or motel burglary, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan, Purchase Protection Guarantee.
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card is the best credit card for free hotel nights.
For a limited time, you can earn a welcome bonus of 60,000 points and a $120 statement credit!
Besides, you will receive an Annual Free Night Award after your anniversary each year (35,000 points value) and 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year, counting for your Marriott Bonvoy status.
With this Card, you earn 2 points per dollar on all your purchases.
Finally, this Card has reliable insurance: Baggage delay, Lost or Stolen Baggage, $500,000 Travel Accident, Flight delay, Hotel or motel burglary, Car Rental Theft and Damage, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan, Purchase Protection Guarantee.
Click on the “Learn More” button for the conditions of this offer.
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®,you earn:
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases
It’s a 1% to 3% value depending on your purchases!
You can apply your points on any travel purchase charged to your HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.). But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco, where you earn 3 points per dollar.
SimplyCash™ Preferred from American Express
The SimplyCash™ Preferred from American Express is the only credit card in Canada offering 2% cash back on all purchases. And there’s no limit to how much cash back you can earn!
Besides, with this welcome offer, you earn 10% cashback in your first 4 months (up to $400 cash back).
This Card stands out for its premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage, $100,000 travel accident, Emergency medical insurance (outside the province or country), Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay insurance and misdirected baggage, Hotel or motel burglary, Purchase Protection® Plan, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan.
BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
With this exclusive offer for the BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, you can earn 3,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles after $3,000 in Card purchases, representing a $310 cash value. Besides, the $120 annual fee is waived in the first year!
With this card, you earn 3 miles for every $12 spent at participating AIR MILES Partners.
Everywhere else, you’ll earn 1 Mile for every $12 spent, including at Costco and Walmart.
And it’s the only AIR MILES credit card in Canada to offer a 15% discount on AIR MILES flights within North America with no blackout periods.
The BMO® AIR MILES® World Elite®* Mastercard®* card also offers:
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Double the miles for car rentals with National or Alamo
- Concierge services
American Express®* Aeroplan® Reserve Card
With the American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card, you get 3x the points on purchases made directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations.
And 2x the points on Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada. Anywhere else, you will earn 1x the points.
With the American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card, you can earn up to 65,000 Welcome Bonus Aeroplan points and $100 statement credit.
With this Card, you’ll enjoy Air Canada Travel benefits like access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges, priority check-in, priority boarding and priority baggage handling.
Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) for up to 9 people travelling on the same reservation on Air Canada®* flights.
American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card
With the American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card, you can earn a welcome bonus of 2,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles. That’s enough to redeem for $210 towards your purchases with AIR MILES Cash.
With this credit card, you can earn 1 Mile for every $5 in Card purchases in:
- grocery stores
- Gas stations
- restaurants and bars
Besides, you get an annual travel credit.
TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent on eligible:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Air Canada purchases, including Air Canada Vacations
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you can get:
- A welcome bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase with your new card
- 10,000 additional Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass (different rules depending on your province of residence)
- An annual fee rebate for the primary cardholder (instead of $139)
- Annual fee rebate for the first year for up to 3 additional cardholders (instead of $75 per additional card )
- $100 NEXUS fee rebate
- Up to eight passengers travelling on the same reservation will all enjoy their first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight.
To receive the first-year annual fee rebate, you must activate your Card and make your first Purchase on the Account within the first 3 months after Account opening and you must add your Additional Cardholders by August 17, 2021.
For Quebec Residents only: To receive the additional bonus 10,000 Aeroplan points and the bonus Buddy Pass, you must keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account opening. More Info here.
For Residents outside of Quebec: To receive the additional bonus 10,000 Aeroplan points and the bonus Buddy Pass, you must make $1,000 in net Purchases (less any returns and credits) on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account opening. More Info here.
American Express® Gold Rewards Card
You can earn 2 points per dollar for:
- grocery stores
- expenses at gas stations
Besides, it provides premium insurance.