Each year, the Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) and the International Flight Services Association (IFSA) recognize the innovation and dedication of airlines striving to improve the in-flight experience. The APEX/IFSA Awards 2024 ceremony took place on September 20, 2023 in Long Beach, California.
Air Canada - APEX five-star rating
Air Canada has been awarded the prestigious five-star rating in the Global Airlines category at the APEX 2024 Awards. This distinction, based on passenger feedback, marks the fifth time in six years that the airline has been honored by this association.
APEX ‘s five- and four-star ratings are determined by unbiased passenger reviews collected in partnership with TripIt from Concur, the world’s top-rated travel planning application. Passengers rated nearly a million flights from over 600 airlines worldwide for the 2024 awards. These assessments are independently certified by a professional external auditing firm.
On behalf of the more than 36,000 employees at Air Canada, we thank our customers and APEX for recognizing us with a Five Star Global Airline award. We have made significant investments in our digital, lounge and in-flight products and services, and we are delighted to welcome our customers onboard with an elevated level of comfort and convenience as they connect with families and friends, explore new cultures or continue to build businesses across Canada and our global network.-Mark Nasr, vice-président général - Marketing et Solutions numériques et président d’Aéroplan.
Air Canada - Other awards received this year
In addition to APEX’s five-star rating in 2024, Air Canada was also recognized this year for its industry-leading products and services, including:
- Best airline in Canada, according to Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Best ground and cabin crew in Canada, according to Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Best low-cost carrier in Canada (Air Canada Rouge), according to Skytrax World Airline Awards
- North America’s preferred airline for the fifth year in a row at the Trazees Awards
- Best airline for in-flight entertainment, according to Global Traveler, for the fifth year running
- APEX Traveler’s Choice Award for Best Inflight Entertainment in North America
- Airline Program of the Year, Best Promotion and Best Redemption Capability for Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program at the Freddie Awards
APEX 2024 - The other winners
APEX and IFSA presented other awards at the ceremony:
The APEX/IFSA 2024 Awards ceremony honored airline innovation and commitment, with Air Canada receiving the prestigious Five Star Rating. This recognition adds to a list of awards won by the company this year, underlining its commitment. Finally, the prize for best cabin service went to Taiwan’s EVA Air.
APEX, one of the world’s largest airline associations, has been working for 42 years to improve the passenger experience with the support of leading airlines and suppliers. In collaboration with the International Flight Services Association (IFSA) and Future Travel Experience (FTE), APEX covers the full spectrum of travel, reinvesting all its resources to serve its members and strengthen the global airline industry.