This post is also available in: FR
New Biosafety Protocols
Air Canada Implements New Biosafety Protocols as it Begins Re-opening its Maple Leaf Lounges
- electrostatic spraying
- the ability to order pre-packaged food directly to your seat from your smartphone
- presentation of all reading materials in digital format through PressReader
Looking at the Air Canada video, you can see several things:
- new floor signage
- Plexiglas barriers at the reception desk
- the ability to scan your own boarding card
- Buffets are a thing of the past (replaced by individually packaged and individually wrapped food)
- a new mobile app that allows customers to order their food item directly to their seat (with QR code)
- no more self-service bar (service is assisted)
- systematic cleaning of all surfaces
The first Maple Leaf Lounge to reopen is the D gates Lounge in Toronto-Pearson (YYZ) starting July 24. Next, the Vancouver and Montreal Maple Leaf Lounges are scheduled to reopen by Labor Day.
This is a whole new experience in Air Canada’s Maple Leaf lounges, as the airline seeks every day to reassure its customers so that travel can resume.
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!