Transfer your credit card balance – Get 0% interest for up to 10 months for a 1% transfer fee†, plus a refund of the first year’s annual fee† See full details on the offer below†.
- Transfer up to 50% of your assigned credit limit†
- If you choose to carry a balance and you make your minimum payments on time, a balance transfer could save you money on interest
- Take advantage of this 0% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for your first 10 months. You’ll only have to pay a 1% fee† when you transfer your balance from another card to the CIBC Select Visa Card
- This balance transfer offer is only available at the time of your online application.† Simply tick the checkbox to select the balance transfer option when you’re filling out your application Once you take advantage of this offer, you will have a promotional rate balance on your account. As a result, you will lose your interest-free grace period on new purchases unless you pay your amount due, including any promotional rate balances, in full each month. While you will enjoy the promotional rate on the balances you transfer by using this offer, new purchases will be subject to the purchase interest rate.
Save on gas with CIBC and Journie Rewards
Link your CIBC Select Visa* card with Journie Rewards to automatically save up to 10 cents per litre† at participating Pioneer, Fas Gas, Ultramar and Chevron gas stations.†
This is a digital-exclusive offer.† To be eligible for this offer, you must apply for a new eligible card using the “Apply Now” link available on this webpage.†
Fees & Conditions
Per dollar of purchases
The CIBC Select Visa* Card is one of the best balance transfer Visa credit cards in Canada.
With this CIBC Credit Card with a balance transfer option, you earn 0% interest on balance transfers for up to 10 months. You’ll only have to pay a 1% fee when you transfer your balance from another card.
Currently, you get a first-year annual fee rebate (a $29 value)! And this low-interest CIBC credit card offers $100,000 Common Carrier Accident Insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the CIBC Select Visa* Card has an annual fee?
Yes, the CIBC Select Visa* Card has an annual fee. However, depending on the promotion, you could get a first-year annual fee waiver.
What are the interest rates on the CIBC Select Visa* Card?
CIBC Select Visa* Card interest rates are as follows
- Interest rate on purchases: 13.99%
- Interest rate on balance transfers: 13.99%
- Interest rate on cash advances: 13.99%
Does the CIBC Select Visa* Card offer any promotions on gas?
Yes, by linking your CIBC Select Visa* Card to Journie Rewards, you can automatically save up to 10 cents per litre† at participating Pioneer, Fas Gas, Ultramar and Chevron gas stations.