This post is also available in: FR
A beautiful Marriott Bonvoy gift to put under the tree
If you have a Marriott Bonvoy credit card, you should have received an e-mail with a discount code to add at checkout.
These gift cards – available in amounts ranging from USD 25 to USD 2,000 – can be used whenever you like, at hotels, golf courses, restaurants and spas participating in the loyalty program.
As stipulated in the offer received by e-mail, several conditions apply, including the following:
- The promotion code is valid for a single transaction of up to 3,000 USD. However, you can order several gift cards;
- The promotion code is unique and cannot be transferred;
- These cards can be redeemed at certain participating retail sites (Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques) for the purchase of Marriott-branded merchandise for U.S. residents only;
- These gift cards are issued in U.S. dollars;
- If you use your gift cards in a foreign currency, Marriott Bonvoy will apply a conversion rate on your purchases since these cards are in U.S. dollars. No conversion fees will be charged;
- These gift cards cannot be used for a deposit, an advance purchase or to confirm or guarantee a reservation;
- Card orders are delivered within seven working days.
You can therefore apply your promotional code received by e-mail only once. However, you can order several gift cards to be sent to different people in the same transaction, to benefit from the 20% discount on your total order.
In addition, Amex regularly runs promotional offers, including an unfortunately expired one that gave $100 credit for $500 in Marriott Bonvoy purchases; another way to get 20% off a hotel reservation.
Finally, we remind you that the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card allows you to save on the 2.5% conversion fee for purchases made in foreign currencies. This is a major advantage if you regularly travel abroad or buy from sites billing in US dollars.
It’s up to you whether you prefer to pay with your Marriott Bonvoy credit card and earn 6 points/US$, or avoid the 2.5% fee by using a credit card with no conversion fees.
Here is the latest news on the Marriott Bonvoy program:
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!