These improvements are a continuation of what had already been announced in recent months. Here are the details.
Disney+ on board Air Canada from November 3, 2023
Starting November 3, 2023, Air Canada travelers can watch Disney+ productions in the air.
Fly with Air Canada and watch series and films such as :
- Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Star Wars spin-off series
- Loki, a Marvel series
- Limitless with Chris Hemsworth
- Cars on the road
- Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Disney+ broadcasts productions from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. This is not the first collaboration between Air Canada and Disney, who created the Walt Disney World Resort-themed safety video for the summer period, among other initiatives. This makes Air Canada the first airline in the world to offer Disney+ content.
Audible on Air Canada from October 3, 2023
Since October 3, 2023, Air Canada has been offering a wide range of titles from the original Audible program. Audible is a provider of audio stories. You’ll find audiobooks, podcasts and documentaries in a wide range of categories, including sports, crime documentaries, family programming and comedy.
For example, a passenger on a flight might listen to :
- Sidney Crosby: the rookie year
- Women Talking
- Black Beauty
- The four daughters of Dr March
- As well as podcasts such as Seven Truths
Then, if he hasn’t finished listening to his selection, he can continue at home! In fact, Audible is also offering a free two-month subscription to Air Canada customers, so they can continue listening at home or on their next trip. Just go to the Audible and Air Canada page for the 2-month free trial.
Apple TV+ on board Air Canada since August 1, 2023
Air Canada has added Apple TV+ original content to its entertainment system since August 1st, 2023. This is Apple TV+’s first partnership with a Canadian airline.
With this addition, travelers will now have access to over 420 movies, 1,000 TV shows, 130 music albums, podcasts and live TV (news and sports). Series such as Ted Lasso, Bad Sisters, Severance and Foundation and many others are now available on board.
New in-flight entertainment content from Mattel since July 19, 2023
Thanks to a partnership with Mattel, dozens of hours of children’s content will be added in films and shows. There will be episodes of :
- Hot Wheels City
- Thomas & Friends
- Barbie Vlogs
New additions to Air Canada's menu since July 19, 2023
In order to satisfy all tastes, Air Canada is adding some new items to its menu:
- Earth’s Own Oatmeal Drink, made in Canada
- Blue Moon Belgian white and Hop Valley IPA craft beers
- Vizzy Hard Seltzer alcoholic sparkling water with strawberry and orange mimosa flavour
- Rosé wines from the Provence region of France, and the Aperol Spritz cocktail (Air Canada International Signature Class).
- Butter chicken with rice pilaf, cauliflower and masala peas (Economy and Economy Privilege classes)
Air Canada mobile application
To improve access to important travel information, the mobile application will provide :
- Ongoing updates to electronic boarding passes, making them easier to use at security and during boarding.
- Aeroplan members’ passport details linked to their profile
- Integrated maps of major Air Canada and Star Alliance airports for easier airport orientation
- The option of pre-ordering meals on board certain international flights departing from Canada (for passengers in Air Canada Signature class and Privilege Economy class).
These are small improvements to the Air Canada customer experience. In recent months, Air Canada has launched free Wi-Fi messaging on board for Aeroplan members, and opened two new airport lounges, the Aspire Air Canada Café at Billy Bishop Toronto Airport (YTZ) and the recently launched Maple Leaf Lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and now shares the United Club lounge at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
To enjoy these experiences and more, use these Aeroplan credit cards: