Halloween remains a very popular event in North America. Costumes and decorations are made at school and at home, not forgetting the traditional candy harvest.
Take the time to check out the programming in libraries and community centers: there may be some surprises in store for you.
Halloween - Haunted village in Centre-du-Québec
The Québec village of yesteryear in Drummondville is transformed, as it is every year, into a Haunted Village. Terrifying new themed houses will be in the spotlight. A fantasy forest will be set up for children, with a hay maze and inflatable games.
- Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 29, 2023: Little Monsters Village (1 pm to 4 pm)
- Friday, October 27 and Saturday, October 28, 2023: haunted village
- 1370 Montplaisir Street, Drummondville
Halloween - Scary Domaine Maudit in Montérégie
In Coteau-du Lac, Festiv’Halloween rises from the ashes. Le Domaine Maudit features a number of nightmarish activities, including a corn maze with sinister characters. During the day, you can choose pumpkins and gourds for your decorations and recipes.
- Picking and labyrinth: Saturday, October 28, 2023 (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Cursed domain and labyrinth, Friday 27, Saturday 28, Sunday 29 and Tuesday 31 October 2023 (6 pm to 10 pm)
- 75 route 201, Coteau-du-Lac
Halloween - Family costume party in the Outaouais region
Halloween - Festival de la Frayeur and Old School party in Montreal
At La Ronde, Le Festival de la Frayeur will feature several new attractions, including a new haunted house. The opening show takes place at 5:30pm. As for the little ones, they can meet the characters from the candy kingdom in the Land of Ribambelle at the Children’s Pumpkin Festival.
- Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 29, 2023 (1 pm to 10 pm)
- Île Sainte-Hélène, Montreal
The Old School Halloween Partyreturns to close the SPASM Festival. This year, the music of the 90s will take on that of the 2000s. Masquerade costume is mandatory for this event.
- Saturday, October 28, 2023, from 9:30 p.m.
- Théâtre Plaza, 6505 Saint-Hubert Street, Montreal
Visit Pointe-à-Callière Museum will be presenting an all-new show entitled “The True and Terrifying Story of Fairy Tales”. In this Halloween special, storyteller Eric Michaud will introduce you to stories where imagination reigns supreme.
- Friday, October 27, 2023, 8 p.m.
- 350 Place Royale, corner of de la Commune, Montréal
Halloween - In the company of our furry friends in the Eastern Townships
Visit Granby Zoo invites you to come and celebrate with the animals. A chance to see elephant Sarah, who recently celebrated her 40th birthday. You can also try your luck at winning a season ticket for next summer by taking part in the Halloween Rally.
- Until Sunday, October 29, 2023, several timetables
- 525, rue St-Hubert, Granby
Halloween - Horror stories and tales in and around Quebec City
La Capitale-Nationale will be organizing activities for all ages on the Plains of Abraham. Let yourself be tempted by an interactive walking tour with a costumed guide. This macabre walk will allow you to discover the origins of Halloween, but also the dark side of this place.
- Friday, October 27 and Saturday, October 28, 2023, at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Departure from Martello Tower 2.
- Several dates depending on activities
- Old Quebec
Would you like to harvest your own pumpkins and gourds? It’s the perfect time to visit a local farm.
On Île d’Orléans, here are several places to visit:
And elsewhere in the region:
- Jardin Saint-Augustin in Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures
- Ferme Bédard et Blouin in Beauport
- L’arc-en-ciel du Paradis at Cap-Santé
- Arthur Cauchon Farm in Château-Richer
- Reine des Prés farm in Saint-Alban
L’Aquarium de Québec will also be celebrating monsters with a number of activities, including a story entitled ” Panique qui pique au fond du Saint-Laurent” (10 a.m. and 1 p.m.), and themed activities such as making magic bath potions.
- 1675 avenue des Hôtels, Quebec City
- Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 29, 2023
Halloween - Dance party and photo shoots in Lanaudière
In Mascouche, little ones (up to age 8) can marvel at the pumpkin pumpkin garden, and collect sweets in the Moore Garden.
- Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 29, 2023
- 1455 chemin Pincourt, Mascouche
Want to get your groove on? The Messier Bolduc dance studio will be hosting an evening of dancing.
- Friday, October 27, 2023, 7 pm to 10:30 pm
- 1382, avenue de la Gare, Mascouche
Finally, in Terrebonne, costumed photo shoots are back at Galeries Terrebonne. You’ll need to spot the black balloons in front of participating stores to fill up on candy.
- Sunday, October 29, 2023, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 1185 Moody Boulevard, Terrebonne
Halloween - Fireworks and cinema in Bas-Saint-Laurent
La Pocatière will be offering a variety of activities for young and old: from a night of cinematic horror, to inflatable games, a haunted house and a grand parade, not to mention fireworks.
- Thursday, October 26 to Monday, October 30, 2023
- 412 9th Street, boulevard Desrochers, La Pocatière
Halloween - Carved pumpkins and haunted walks in Ontario
Ferme Proulx et Érablière will be transformed into a Halloween playground, with mazes and wagon rides.
At Saunders Farm, you’ll have the chance to try out the new zipline as part of the Season of Ghosts and the Festival of Fear.
- Different dates depending on location
Halloween - Trick-or-treating
Little monsters will be knocking on your door on Halloween weekend, but also on Tuesday, October 31, 2023. To spoil them, all you have to do is visit your favorite stores to stock up on goodies.
Don’t forget to use one of the best grocery store credit cards to earn points. With the Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card, you’ll earn 6 points for every dollar spent at IGA, Les Marchés Tradition and other stores. As for the American Express CobaltMD Card, it will give you 5 points per dollar of purchase at all grocery stores where it is accepted.
Here are our suggestions for saving money at the grocery store and on your candy purchases:
Where to go for Halloween in Montreal?
Activities include Frissons d’Halloween at the Jardin Botanique, the Festival de la Frayeur and the Fête des Citrouilles for kids at La Ronde, and the Old School Halloween Party at the SPASM Festival.
Where to celebrate Halloween in Quebec City?
There’s no shortage of Halloween events in the Capitale-Nationale region. The Plains of Abraham will be a great playground for scares. The Jeanne-d’Arc garden and Petit-Champlain will be beautifully decorated for the occasion.