This post is also available in: FR
COVID-19: New Requirements for Travellers Entering Canada
During the trip
As of November 21, 2020, you will have to meet new requirements if you are travelling to Canada.
If you’re flying to Canada as your final destination, you must use ArriveCAN to submit your:
- travel and contact information
- quarantine plan (unless exempted under conditions set out in the mandatory isolation order)
- COVID-19 symptom self-assessments
- submit your information before you board your flight to Canada
- be ready to show your ArriveCAN receipt when seeking entry into Canada
- a border services officer will verify that you have submitted your information digitally
If you don’t submit your information through ArriveCAN, you may:
- face additional delays at the border for public health questioning
- be subject to enforcement action, which can range from verbal warnings to $1,000 fines
After the trip
As of November 21, 2020, all travellers, whether they travel by air, land or sea, must provide information after their entry into Canada.
You must use ArriveCAN or call 1-833-641-0343 to:
- confirm that you’ve arrived at the address you provided for your quarantine or isolation location within 48 hours of your entry into Canada
- complete daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessments during your quarantine period
You don’t have to do this if you’re exempted under conditions set out in the mandatory isolation order.
If you are returning from abroad, it is important to meet these new requirements as part of your mandatory 14-day quarantine. Although a pilot project is being conducted in Alberta, it would appear that quarantine is well on its way to being a reality for several more months.
This post is also available in: FRCome to discuss that topic in our Facebook Group!