1,100 Home Hardware stores to join Scene+
Scene+ is booming! After having conquered the Empire Group banners (IGA, Sobeys, etc.), it is now the turn of Home Hardware stores.
Last September, Home Hardware announced its partnership with the Scene+ loyalty program.
In Quebec, it has been in force since August 14, 2023. The Atlantic Provinces were the first to benefit, as of July 31, 2023.
Now, all 1,100 Home Hardware stores in Canada have joined the Scene+ program since :
- August 14, 2023 in Quebec
- July 31, 2023 in the Atlantic Provinces
- August 8, 2023 in Western Canada
- and August 21, 2023 in Ontario
Scene+ points accumulation at Home Hardware
Previously, Home Hardware was an Aeroplan partner, but it was only possible to earn Aeroplan points in-store. You couldn’t redeem Aeroplan points at Home Hardware. It will be different with Scene+.
All you need to do is swipe your Scène+ membership card at the in-store checkout or enter the membership number when shopping online.
By default, you’ll earn 50 Scene+ points for every $50 in purchases in :
- Home Hardware stores
- Home Building Centre
- Home Hardware Building Centre
- Online at homehardware.ca
- and participating Home Furniture stores in Canada
Earn double Scène+ points! When you shop at Home Hardware with the Scotiabank® Scene+™ Visa* Card, you’ll also get:
- 2 Scene+ points for every $1 charged on the account
There will also be points promotions for the purchase of certain targeted products.
Redeem Scene+ points at Home Hardware
The redemption rate for Scene+ points will be the same as for all others in the Scene+ points program.
Every 1,000 Scene+ points gives $10 off at checkout at Home Hardware stores. The maximum exchange is $500 per transaction.
With this new partner, Scène+ will be present in more than 7,000 stores across Canada:
- 175 Cineplex theatres
- 900 Scotiabank branches with banking accounts and packages as well as credit cards
- Playdium rooms, REC Room
- 1,100 Home Hardware stores
- 700 restaurants (including Swiss Chalet and Harvey’s)
- Scène+ Travel, powered by Expedia
- 1,100 grocery, convenience and liquor stores under the Empire banner (IGA, Sobeys, Safeway, Les marchés Tradition, Foodland, Rachelle-Béry, Marché Bonichoix, Farm Boy, etc.)
To compete fully with PC Optimum, all that’s left for Scene+ to do is attract a big banner of service stations!
Frequently asked questions about Home Hardware and Scene+
How many members does the Scène+ program have?
The Scene+ program has 13 million members in Canada.
When will Home Hardware stores start accepting the Scène+ program?
The Scene+ program has been gradually rolled out to Home Hardware stores across Canada since July 31, 2023.
How do I register to earn and use Scene+ points at Home Hardware?
To become a Scene+ member, visit Sceneplus.ca/en-ca.
Will I be able to earn Scene+ points at Home Hardware?
Yes ! 50 Scène+ points for every $50 spent in a single visit to Home Hardware – in-store or online – when the Scène+ loyalty card is swiped at checkout.
Every 1,000 points equals $10 off when redeeming points Members can earn and redeem points in-store and online at homehardware.ca.
What won't earn Scene+ points at Home Hardware?
Many purchases of goods and services will not earn Scene+ points, such as:
- Installation, estimation, custom design, repair
- Glass, screen and window repair
- Knife and skate sharpening
- Key cutting, wood cutting, custom cutting
- Tool rental, propane and water tank filling
- Special orders, lamination, gift wrapping, lottery, M&M products, firearms
- Purchases made by Pro contractors