New ways to earn
After launching their partnership in 2021, Aeroplan and Uber are now offering more opportunities for Aeroplan members to earn points with grocery and retail orders via Uber Eats.
Beginning May 3, 1 point per dollar spent on eligible Grocery and Retail delivery orders placed via the Uber Eats app will be available. There is no minimum purchase required to earn points.
To celebrate this new feature, Aeroplan and Uber are offering a great launch offer in May. Here are the details.
From May 3-31, 2023, you can earn 5X points on your next grocery or retail delivery order placed on the Uber Eats app.
Here is the updated list of Aeroplan benefits with Uber and Uber Eats.
Aeroplan x Uber Benefits
250 bonus points per month
Aeroplan members who are regular customers of Uber and Uber Eats will be eligible to earn 250 bonus points each month when the following three actions are completed:
- A premium Uber or airport ride of at least $40
- A meal or restaurant order of at least $40 via Uber Eats
- A qualifying order from the Grocery or Retail section on Uber or Uber Eats
Until June 1, 2023, the minimum amount will be only $25, as a launch offer.
New users of Uber Eats and Uber will be able to earn 1,000 Aeroplan Rewards points by :
- opening their first Uber Eats or Uber account
- linking their Uber Eats or Uber and Aeroplan account
- by placing a first qualifying order in the Restaurant, Retail or Grocery sections of the Uber Eats app or by completing a first qualifying ride with Uber.
Aeroplan members can convert Aeroplan points to Uber Cash credits from the app. The ratio is 3,000 points for $25 and can be used for Uber orders or towards an Uber One subscription.
According to Milesopedia’s Aeroplan point rating, this is not the best use to get the most value out of it, but it can be useful when needed.
As a reminder, here is Air Canada’s current partnership with Aeroplan and Uber and the points you can earn.
With Uber Eats in Canada:
- 1 Aeroplan point per dollar spent on eligible Uber Eats orders over $25
For Uber in Canada and the United States:
- 1 Aeroplan point per dollar spent on Uber Airport Rides
- 1 Aeroplan point per dollar spent on Uber Premium Rides (UberXL, Uber Comfort, Uber Black, Uber Select, etc.) in Canada and the United States
- 2 Aeroplan Points per dollar spent on Uber Premium Airport Rides in Canada and the U.S.
Plus, every time you take 10 Uber rides in Canada or the U.S., you’ll receive a $20 Air Canada flight credit. Therefore, for 20 rides, you can get a $40 credit. And so on!
Talk about a particularly innovative partnership between two brands to build loyalty among Aeroplan members!
How to link your Aeroplan account with Uber
Here’s how to link your Aeroplan account with Uber:
Open the Uber or Uber Eats app and tap the menu on the top left corner
- Tap ‘Settings,’ and scroll down to tap ‘Aeroplan’ under the Rewards section,
- then tap ‘Link Account’ and then log into your Aeroplan account;
There you go ! Once accounts are linked, you will start earning points on qualifying Uber Eats orders and qualifying rides.
This announcement will allow regular users of Uber and Uber Eats to earn even more Aeroplan points. Add in other partnerships such as Starbucks, LCBO and most recently Journie, and there are more ways than ever to earn Aeroplan Points on everyday purchases.
To earn even more points on your Uber and Uber Eats purchases, pay with an Aeroplan credit card: