Golfers! Did you know cardholders of some American Express, Mastercard and Visa credit cards have access to benefits that apply to you?
Many of you have been dreaming of resuming your golf trips.
Now it’s your turn and here’s how to enhance the experience.
Three Networks, three programs
The American Express, Mastercard and Visa networks offer golf benefits to their premium credit card members. Here are the cards in our sights:
World Elite Mastercard
Visa Infinite Privilege
Fine Hotels + Resorts with American Express
Members of the Platinum Card® or the Business Platinum Card® from American Express, in addition to having access to the Fine Hotels + Resorts Program, can receive an annual travel credit of up to $200 each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or The Hotel collection reservations.
More than 150 hotels in or near world-class golf clubs become available to golfers and credit card holders.
An example? The magnificent Terranea Resort in California.
The benefits of the Fine Hotels + Resorts program:
- An offer worth at least $100 USD given in the form of a credit. The amount can be used against the cost of meals and drinks, or a round of golf for two, treatments in a wellness center or against the price of personalized transfers between the airport and the hotel
- Free daily breakfast for two people
- Arrival can be from noon, depending on availability, and late departure is at 4 pm
- A superior category room, depending on availability, may be granted.
- Wi-Fi access in the room, subject to certain exclusions
Golf Experiences with Priceless by Mastercard
Exclusive to Mastercard credit cards, the Priceless program contains a popular offer for golf enthusiasts:
- One round per year at as many of the 1,000 private golf clubs in their North American network.
- With the partner of your choice.
*The price varies according to the golf club. An example? The coveted The Plantation Golf Club, Florida.
Private Troon Clubs with Visa
It’s hard, if not impossible, to resist this program offered by Visa Infinite Privilege credit cards.
Get ready. You will have access to private Troon golfcourses and Troon Rewards status.
25 private Troon clubs are participating.
- Play up to two times a year at each of the private members-only clubs.
- Flat rate of $99 per player per game.
- Invite up to three friends to play for the same price.
- Save 20% on merchandise, packages and lessons at over 150 clubs around the world.
An example? Maderas Golf Club in Poway, California
Marriott Bonvoy Moments
Are you a Marriott Bonvoy member and have earned points? Be aware that the latter, in addition to being used for accommodation, open up otherwise inaccessible experiences.
How would you like to bid on 2 VIP tickets to attend the 2022 PGA Golf Championship for 5 days? The one from Dell Technologies in Austin Texas, worth at least $1,500 USD.
- Strategically located at the 5th and 12th tee, the Michelob ULTRA Athletic Club offers an unforgettable front row experience.
- The space is covered and ventilated. You can buy premium food and drinks here.
How does it work?
You bet points. Other enthusiasts do it too. Bids are announced one month before the event and the highest bid wins.
Have you chosen a premium credit card ?? Congratulations. It offers benefits when joining with a welcome bonus, and when traveling such as free checked luggage and airport lounge. But there is so much more!
Do you know the ramifications of their rewards programs? We have revealed some of them to you.
Come on, golfers, your turn is coming. Spoil yourself!
Thanks to Danielle Daoust, a passionate golfer and Pascal Garneau, from Golfdudez.ca, an equally experienced golfer. Both are members of the Milesopedia Community.