SkyMiles is the loyalty program of Delta Airlines, a major US airline. You can register for free here.
Collecting SkyMiles points
There are several ways to earn SkyMiles.
- When flying with Delta Airlines, every dollar spent earns 5 points. SkyMiles can also be earned onboard the nearly 20 partner airlines.
- Delta Medallion status earns 11 SkyMiles per dollar.
- If available, make purchases on one of Delta SkyMiles’ U.S. credit cards.
- By booking with the many partner merchants such as cruise lines, large hotel chains, car rental companies, etc.
- Finally, it is also possible to transfer partner points into SkyMiles. For example, American Express and Marriott Bonvoy points.
Use SkyMiles points
Your SkyMiles do not expire and can be used to purchase:
- flight tickets all over the world with Delta and its partners.
- Delta Vacations vacation packages
- class and seat upgrades
- Delta gift cards
- stays in VIP airport lounges.
Medallion status is divided into four levels:
Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. They provide upgrades, qualifying miles, priority boarding, free baggage, access to lounges and other benefits to enhance the flying experience.
How to enroll in the SkyMiles program
You can register online on the Delta website.
How many SkyMiles points do I get per dollar?
Every dollar spent at Delta earns 5 SkyMiles points. However, point gains vary depending on the air partners.