Aeroplan offers you the opportunity to qualify for Aeroplan 25K Status without having to travel, thanks to your everyday spending.
Given the context of COVID-19, Aeroplan has decided to renew this opportunity to qualify for Aeroplan 25K status without travelling. And even better: it is a permanent feature of the program and will be available for years to come.
For example, if you earn 100,000 Aeroplan points during a calendar year through eligible transactions, you will earn Aeroplan 25K Status through the following year. This offer is retroactive: all eligible transactions made since January 1, 2021, will be counted.
To help track your progress, a tracker is available in your Aeroplan account. This tool is only available to members without Status, as members who have an Aeroplan Elite Status in 2021 status will have that status extended through the end of 2022.
In the coming weeks, this tool will be visible to all eligible members as shown below (image provided by Aeroplan):
And eligible transactions will appear in your Aeroplan account with a new QQS/EDQ (image provided by Aeroplan):
Usually, to get an Aeroplan 25K Status, you have to eaarn 25,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) or 25 Status Qualifying Segments (SQS). And to spend $3,000 worth of Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD).
Now, 100,000 Everyday Status Qualification Points (EDQ) will also do the trick.
Benefits for Aeroplan 25K status members include:
- Priority seat selection
- Priority Airport Check-In
- Complimentary Checked Baggage Allowance (2 bags, 23 kg each)
- Priority Boarding
- 2 Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes (North America)
- 20 eUpgrade credits
- 2 Bonus Points per dollar spent in the Aeroplan eStore
- 3 bonus points per dollar spent on hotel stays and car rentals
- Star Alliance recognition (Star Alliance Silver)
The following transactions are eligible with this promotion:
- Points earned on purchases charged to an Aeroplan credit card such as the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card or American Express® Aeroplan®* Card.
- Points earned from spending with travel and retail partners such as Aeroplan eStore or Starbucks
- Points earned when flying with Air Canada and partner airlines
The following transactions are not eligible during this promotion:
- Points obtained through sign-up or welcome bonuses associated with Aeroplan credit cards,
- Points earned through conversion from other programs,
- Points accumulated as a benefit of Aeroplan Elite Status, including but not limited to the Aeroplan Elite Status bonus with partner airlines, or bonuses earned through the Aeroplan eStore for holding Aeroplan Elite Status,
- Points accumulated as part of a flight activity not operated by Air Canada, Canadian North, Air Creebec or the Star Alliance member airlines,
- purchased, or received as a gift, transferred between member accounts,
- Points reinstated following account inactivity,
- Points redeemed as part of a Points + Cash reservation,
- Points accumulated as part of contest prizes, or for participating in Aeroplan research
Last year, Aeroplan included points purchased. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. It would have been nice if the points earned as a welcome bonus with an Aeroplan credit card could have counted (after all, the member is making a commitment to Aeroplan by signing up for an Aeroplan credit card). But that is not the case.
This new opportunity is good for those who do not currently have Aeroplan Elite Status and who make a lot of purchases on their Aeroplan credit card(s).
Otherwise, being an Aeroplan credit cardholder already comes with significant benefits included within the Aeroplan 25K status (such as a complimentary checked bag for the cardholder and up to 8 travel companions, priority check-in, priority boarding, etc.).
Here are the best Aeroplan credit card offers right now: