With Aeroplan’s Everyday Status Qualification, if you earn 100,000 Aeroplan points in one calendar year through eligible transactions, you will qualify for Aeroplan 25K Status the following year. All eligible transactions made since January 1, 2022, are accounted for.
A tracking tool is available in your Aeroplan account to track your progress with Aeroplan’s Everyday Status Qualification.
Eligible transactions will appear in your Aeroplan account with a new QQS/EDQ notation:
Usually, to qualify for Aeroplan 25K Status, you need to earn 25,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) or 25 Status Qualifying Segments (SQS). And to spend $3,000 worth of Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD).
Now, 100,000 Aeroplan points earned through Everyday Status Qualification (EDQ) will also do the trick.
Benefits for Aeroplan 25K status members include:
- Priority seat selection
- Priority Airport Check-In
- Complimentary Checked Baggage Allowance (2 bags, 23 kg each)
- Priority Boarding
- 2 Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes (North America)
- 20 eUpgrade credits
- 2 Bonus Points per dollar spent in the Aeroplan eStore
- 3 bonus points per dollar spent on hotel stays and car rentals
- Star Alliance recognition (Star Alliance Silver)
The following transactions are eligible for Aeroplan’s Everyday Status Qualification:
- Points earned on purchases charged to an Aeroplan credit card such as the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card or American Express® Aeroplan®* Card.
- Points earned from spending with travel and retail partners such as Aeroplan eStore or Starbucks
- Points earned when flying with Air Canada and partner airlines
The following transactions are not eligible for Aeroplan’s Everyday Status Qualification:
- Points obtained through sign-up or welcome bonuses associated with Aeroplan credit cards,
- Points earned through conversion from other programs,
- Points accumulated as a benefit of Aeroplan Elite Status, including but not limited to the Aeroplan Elite Status bonus with partner airlines, or bonuses earned through the Aeroplan eStore for holding Aeroplan Elite Status,
- Points accumulated as part of a flight activity not operated by Air Canada, Canadian North, Air Creebec or the Star Alliance member airlines,
- purchased, or received as a gift, transferred between member accounts,
- Points reinstated following account inactivity,
- Points redeemed as part of a Points + Cash reservation,
- Points accumulated as part of contest prizes, or for participating in Aeroplan research
Therefore, Aeroplan’s Everyday Status Qualification is attractive to those who do not currently have Aeroplan Elite Status and who make a lot of purchases on their Aeroplan credit card(s).
Otherwise, being an Aeroplan credit cardholder already comes with significant benefits included within the Aeroplan 25K Status (such as a complimentary checked bag for the cardholder and up to 8 travel companions, priority check-in, priority boarding, etc.).
Here are the best Aeroplan credit card offers right now: