Scotiabank has just announced that as of October 1, 2022, you will earn more points at Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, Foodland, FreshCo, Voilà by Sobeys, Voilà by IGA, Voilà by Safeway, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA West, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry and Co-Op:
- 6 points per dollar with the Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card
- 3 points per dollar with the Scotiabank American Express Card
- 3 points per dollar with the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card
- 3 points per dollar with the SCENE Visa Card
This means you can get a 3-6% return on grocery purchases if you shop at these stores. This is very interesting when compared to other credit cards available on the market for the grocery category.
And this will probably be in addition to what you can get by showing your Scene+ membership card! That’s what we call double dipping.
And remember, you can redeem your Scene+ points for groceries at a value of 1,000 Scene+ points = $10.
In other grocery stores, you will continue to get the earning rate offered for grocery stores, which is:
- 5 points per dollar with the Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card
- 2 points per dollar with the Scotiabank Passport™ Visa Infinite* Card
- 2 points per dollar with the Scotiabank American Express Card
If you are interested in getting one of these Scene+ credit cards, here are the current offers: