Fourth night free HotelSavers Aeroplan - Offer details
In other words, if you book four nights in points, you will be charged for only three nights. Here are the main details of the offer:
- Applies only to Aeroplan credit cardholders in Canada and the U.S.
- The offer is valid from September 13, 2023 to December 31, 2024, with the possibility of booking stays for dates after 2024.
- The value of the night credited is calculated on the average price of a night in booking points
- The offer has no limit, so you can get eight hotel nights for the price of six in points, and so on
- Offer applies to stays of four consecutive nights at the same hotel
Fourth night free HotelSavers Aeroplan - Is it a good deal?
This offer is very competitive with that of Marriott Bonvoy, which offers 5 nights for the price of 4 for stays in points. However, HotelSavers’ offer differs by crediting the average price of a night against the total of the reservation, rather than crediting only the cheapest night as Marriott Bonvoy does.
Remember that participating HotelSavers hotels are divided into 8 distinct price categories, as shown here:
According toMilesopedia, an Aeroplan point is worth about 2¢, but this figure rises to 0. 8¢ when points are used for hotel reservations. In other words, it’s often more valuable to use Aeroplan points to book flights rather than hotels.
You can calculate the Aeroplan point value for this promotion and decide whether you think it’s a good use of your points.
For example, this category 6 hotel in Tulum normally costs 162,000 points or CA$1,567 for four nights over the Thanksgiving long weekend. With the free night, you save 30,375 Aeroplan points (the average price of a night) and pay 121,500 points in total.
This gives you a value of 1.28 cents per Aeroplan point, which isn’t bad at all for a hotel reservation! It’s not as high as the exchange value for flights, but it’s an interesting option to get free (or almost free) travel.
Aeroplan co-branded credit cards
While there are many ways to earn Aeroplan points, including through transfer partners, this special offer is only available to Aeroplan credit cardholders.
Maybe you don’t intend to fly on Air Canada or its partners for your next trip, but you’ve accumulated plenty of points thanks to the welcome offer on the AeroplanMD* American ExpressMD Card, for example. As a cardholder, you’ll be able to take advantage of the fourth-night-free offer and get more value for your Aeroplan points.
With this welcome offer for the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card, you can earn up to 40,000 Aeroplan points.
- Earn 3,000 Aeroplan points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $1,000 in net purchases on your Card for the first 10 months of Cardmembership. That could add up to 30,000 Aeroplan points
- Plus, you can also earn 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make a purchase between 14 and 17 months of Cardmembership
With this Card, you earn 2X the points on purchases made directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations.
And 1.5x the points on Dining and Food Delivery purchases in Canada. Anywhere else, you will earn 1X the points.
Enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) for up to 9 people travelling on the same reservation on Air Canada®* flights.
Like all American Express Canada Cards, there is no minimum income requirement.
The new HotelSavers Aeroplan promotion offers attractive point redemption opportunities for Aeroplan credit cardholders. Those who focus primarily on this loyalty program will be able to obtain a higher redemption value for their points on hotel stays of four nights or more.