In June 2022, we learned that BRIM Financial would be issuing the future Flying Blue credit card in Canada. As of October 2022, this credit card is now available to Canadians.
Welcome to the new Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard®!
Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® credit cardholders earn a bonus of 30 XP each year. Frequent Flyers may be interested in this feature to earn or maintain Flying Blue Elite status.
The Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® has an annual fee of $132. In addition, a 30XP bonus is added to the cardholder’s Flying Blue account each year.
As a welcome bonus from May 1 to May 31, 2023, an additional 70 XP are offered for a total of 100 XP in the first year. This is enough to obtain Flying Blue Silver status automatically!
Unfortunately, for the moment, the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® does not offer Flying Blue Miles as a welcome bonus.
The earning rates are:
|Air France and KLM flight ticket (for Flying Blue members)||5 Miles/1 Euro (in addition to regular miles earned according to status)|
|Restaurants and bars||2 Miles/dollar|
|Everything else||1 Mile/dollar|
|Selected BRIM retail partners||Up to 30 miles/dollar|
Each purchase made with the Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® extends the validity of your Miles bytwo2 years. So this could be a reason to get this credit card if you have Flying Blue Miles close to their expiration date!
In addition, as an Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard® credit cardholder, you can take advantage of exclusive offers through your member portal: inCard and eShop offers. With these offers, you could earn up to 30 Flying Blue Miles per dollar.
Finally, credit cardholders enjoy 12 free 90-minute annual passes with unlimited data to Wi-Fi anywhere in the world through Boingo.
- Out-of-Province Emergency Medical Travel Insurance
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Flight delay insurance, luggage insurance, hotel burglary insurance
- For rental vehicles: collision and damage insurance
- Accident on board a common carrier
- Purchase protection, mobile device, event ticket and extended warranty
Air France-KLM has definitely been looking to strengthen its presence in Canada for several years:
- Addition or reinforcement of the network (such as the direct flight between Quebec and Paris or the flight to French Antilles)
- Upgrading of the service with new generation aircraft such as the A350
- Significant improvement of the Air France Lounge in Montreal
- Partnership with American Express Membership Rewards to convert points into Flying Blue Miles
- Regular Promo Rewards targeting Canadian destinations
- Regular Flying Blue Miles purchase promotions
- 25% discount on reward tickets for children (2 to 11 years old)
- Only 15,000 miles needed for a trip to Europe, North Africa, Morocco and Tunisia
Canada’s Benjamin Smith, Air France-KLM’s talented CEO since 2018 – and former top executive of Air Canada – is likely no stranger to all this.
The arrival of this Air France-KLM credit card is beneficial to stimulate competition. Not only against Air Canada Aeroplan credit cards, but also against other credit cards issued by WestJet, British Airways or Cathay Pacific.