March Break 2022 is just around the corner, and you’re wondering again, what to do to make the most of it? To help you, we have listed some great ideas for activities, whether you are alone, a couple, with friends or family! An article to share!
March Break in Quebec
March Break 2022 dates
March Break will run from February 21 to March 12, 2022, depending on the region. We won’t list the dates for each region but refer you to this complete article from the Noovomoi.ca website that did!
Our list of activities by region
The province of Quebec and its 2022 March Break
Throughout the province of Quebec, we invite you to join us for March Break 2022:
- from January 10 to March 14 at the Snow Castle Challenge! On the site, see photos of masterpieces from all over Quebec, prizes to win, and events to participate in.
- The 25th edition of the FIFEM (Festival international du film pour enfants de Montréal) will take place from February 26 to March 6, 2022. The broadcasting platform will allow all Canadians to view films from several countries.
Finally, if you dream of a March Break in Quebec in an all-inclusive resort, the Centre de Villégiature de Jouvence located in the Eastern Townships, offers lodging, meals and activities.
Bas St-Laurent region and its 2022 March Break
- Ice fishing at the Lake Temiscouata Head Eco-site. We go there for speckled trout.
- Telemark at Mont-Comi park in St-Donat-de-Rimouski.
- Visit of the maritime historical site in Pointe-au-Père, Rimouski.
- Course on a Fatbike in the Parc national du Bic. The trails are for beginners and intermediate levels.
- Winter sports in the Beauséjour park in Rimouski with free outdoor equipment.
Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean and 2022 March Break
National Capital and its 2022 March Break
- In Charlevoix, stroll through the Winter Market at Manoir Richelieu from February 22 to March 5, 2022.
- Indoor skating at the Mega Parc Skating Park.
- Fishing in an igloo in the Old Port of Quebec.
- Visit the ice hotel if you haven’t already done so… or winter activities at Valcartier! Combined activities allow for savings.
- Quebec City Family Film Festival, March 6-11, 2022
Mauricie and its 2022 March Break
- Visit until March 6, 2022 of the exhibition “Match Parfait Sport-vs Science” of the POP Museum of Trois-Rivières.
- Alpine luge and night luge at Shawinigan’s Vallée du Parc.
- Skating on the refrigerated rink and the ice ring, walking or snowshoeing on the dedicated trails, Fatbike and children’s playgrounds at the Parc de l’île Saint-Quentin in Trois-Rivières.
The Eastern Townships and its 2022 March Break
- Say hello to the animals of the Granby Zoo
- Walk in the forest with the family in several parks.
- The Magog Snow Festival March 5-6, 2022.
- Stargazing and daytime visit to the Astrolab of the Parc National du Mont-Mégantic.
Montreal and its 2022 March Break
- Until March 6, 2022, visit the Place au Cirque exhibition at the Pointe-à-Callière Museum.
- Free skating and acrobatics show “La cadence” as part of Montreal High Lights.
- Free winter rally in Old Montreal. Every day of spring break.
- Discover the new free skating rink on the quiet Esplanade in the entertainment district.
- Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, skating trails, winter biking, free sliding at Parc Jean-Drapeau.
- Reopening of the Space for Life Museums. Animation of the Giant Animals on a walk at the Biodome.
- Festival des casteliers, puppets from March 2-6, 2022.
- 2022 March Break at La Tohu. Loan of kites, snowshoes, snow sculptures, etc.
Outaouais and its 2022 March Break
Abitibi-Témiscamingue and its 2022 March Break
- Snowshoeing, Fat-bike, skating and cross-country skiing at the Recreational Forest.
- Test of the new snow scooter in the Aiguebelle National Park .
- Trip for the citizens of Macamic to discover the works registered for the Quebec contest: “Snow Castle Challenge”.
- The Rouyn-Noranda Winter Festival: Challenge “Sors le nez dehors”, Contest: “Build a snow castle” and “Reinvent your slide”. Illumination of the lanterns on the lake.
North Shore and its 2022 March Break
- Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, tubing, snowmobiling at the Gallix station. With a view of the St. Lawrence River,
- In Baie-Comeau, downhill skiing, tubing and snowboarding are also offered at the Mont-Ti-Basse ski center.
- Festival des Hivernants in Sept-îles, February 24-27
Gaspésie and its 2022 March Break
- At the Bioparc de la Gaspésie, located in Bonaventure, spring break will be celebrated with an interactive rally and a day camp for 8-11 year olds who will become “naturalist apprentices
- We go to the UNESCO Geopark of Percé for a camping loan. Snowshoeing, skating rink with a view on the Percé Rock
- Initiation to Yukigassen, a team activity like snowball fighting, also at the Geopark.
Îles-de-la-Madeleine and its 2022 March Break
- Walk on the beach or trails, the fatbike with or without electric assistance.
- Watching/testing ice carts speeding across the frozen lagoons or snowkites doing the same.
- From February 5 to March 6, 2022, it’s the Rendez-vous Loup-Marin. Annual event with conferences, workshops, sale of croxignoles etc.
Chaudières Appalaches and its 2022 March Break
- Try Austrian sledding (helmet required) on a 2-kilometre long track at the Domaine du Radar in St-Sylvestre. (14 years and older)
- The aerial trails and zip lines of Aventuria Park in St-Jules en Beauce. Open on Saturday, March 5 for ages nine and up.
- We go canoeing at the Parc des Appalches. Where every dog is welcome.
Laval and its 2022 March Break
- Every Saturday, at the Musée Armand-Frappier, the exhibition “Bouger” for health and pleasure.
- Let’s slide in the parks!
- The Harlem Globetrotters will be at Place Bell in Laval on March 12! Quite a show in perspective.
- February 26 at the Source wood. Family afternoon. Offered by the Canopée organization; kiosk with birds of prey, surprise activities on snow, story around a campfire.
Lanaudière and its 2022 March Break
Laurentians and its 2022 March Break
Montérégie and its 2022 March Break
- The Showfrette, weekend in the spotlight in Beloeil
- Skating on the Chambly Canal
- In St-Hyacinthe, White Day from February 26 to March 6 as part of the “Chouettes à voir” program. Visit of the birds of prey rehabilitation complex and several activities.
- In St-Hilaire, at the Maison amérindienne, Native tales and legends around the fire and workshop to make dream catchers.”