UNITED’s frequent flyer program is called MileagePlus and allows you to earn United Miles.
Earn United Miles
United Miles does not expire.
It is possible to earn miles:
- by traveling with UNITED or UNITED Express,
- travelling with Star Alliance partner airlines and other airlines,
- by staying at partner hotels such as Marriott, IHG and with some cruise lines,
- by renting vehicles from Hertz.
But there is more. United Miles can be earned:
- with affiliated credit cards. However, they are not available in Canada,
- by shopping on the MileagePlus portal,
- by making purchases with different partners (financial, vacation packages, electronic gift cards ).
Use your United Miles
It is possible to use miles with United and partner airlines:
- for rewarding trips,
There are two statuses in the United program.
MileagePlus status, open to all, and Premier status, which has four categories based on points and/or flights:
- Premier Silver
- Premier Gold
- Premier Platinum
- First 1K
One point is counted for each USD spent.
How do I enroll in UNITED MileagePlus?
You can register online.
How many United miles per dollar do you get?
Basically, 1 United mile is awarded for every US dollar spent. That’s without counting the multipliers offered during promotions, for example, on the company’s portal.