An affordable hotel with Marriott Bonvoy points
The Vagabond Club – Singapore – a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is a Category 5 (October 2019).
This means it costs between 30,000 and 40,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to do a night.
Depending on the period (and the public price), this hotel is a “good candidate” to use the free annual one-night certificate (with a maximum value of 35,000 points) offered at the renewal of:
- the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- or the version for self-employed people, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card
To earn Marriott Bonvoy points in Canada, the easiest way is via one of these 3 credit cards:
- The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- The Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card
- The American Express Cobalt™ Card
Each one offers a nice welcome bonus and the ability to earn Marriott Bonvoy points on each of your purchases.
You could have both Marriott Bonvoy cards and collect your points in your Marriott Bonvoy account!
The American Express Cobalt™ Card allows you to transfer your Marriott Bonvoy membership rewards at a rate of 1:1.2.
This means that the 5 membership rewards accumulated per dollar of purchases in some categories:
- grocery stores
- restaurants and bars
- convenience stores
- delivery of food at home
… allow you to get the equivalent of 6 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar of purchases!
Our review of The Vagabond Club, Singapore, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
On the occasion of our mini-RTW in 1 week, we had a night planned in Singapore.
- Review: Courtyard Boston Downtown
- Review: Lufthansa Business Lounge – Boston BOS
- Review: Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) A330 Business Class
- Review: Best Western Hotel Hebron – Copenhagen
- Review: Eventyr Lounge Copenhagen
- Review: Istanbul Turkish Airlines Business Lounge
- Review: Turkish Airlines A330 Business Class
- Review: The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Autograph Collection
- Review of The Plaza Premium Lounge in Kuala Lumpur
- Review: The Vagabond Club, Singapore, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
- Review: SilverKris Lounge Singapore
- Review: All Nippon Airways B787 Business Class
- Review of ANA Arrivals Lounge Tokyo Narita Airport
- Review: Moxy Osaka Honmachi
- Review: Osaka Kansai Asuka lounge
- Review: United Airlines B787-8 – Business Class
- Review: United Polaris Lounge San Francisco
We chose to stay at The Vagabond Club – Singapore – a Tribute Portfolio Hotel because:
- It is very well located to explore Singapore
- It only costs 35,000 points per night while staying in Singapore is very expensive
- We were able to use a free one-night certificate from one of our Marriott Bonvoy cards
- This is a “boutique” hotel that stands out from the standard of the major chains
The Vagabond Club – Singapore – a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is well located in Singapore. From this one, we were able to explore the city on foot without any difficulty.
Address: 39 Syed Alwi Road Singapore, Singapore 207630
When we checked in at around 9pm, we were able to immediately take possession of our room and even got an upgrade thanks to our Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite status.
The reception is behind this rhinoceros!
We are also informed that we are entitled to 2 breakfasts. However, we arrive too late to enjoy the evening buffet in the hotel lounge. It doesn’t matter: as soon as our backpack was dropped as we were already out to visit!
The Vagabond Club – Singapore – a Tribute Portfolio Hotel design is truly original, geared for a couple getaway with its red and golden hues.
And sculptures, for example, featuring elements from Gardens by the Bay.
On the side of the hotel’s restaurant-bar, there is an impressive Whiskey collection. The Vagabond Club – Singapore – a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is actually known to be one of the largest Whiskey bars in the world. It is also possible to become a member.
We are brought to our room on the second floor, in a very quiet atmosphere.
Our room is a Deluxe Executive Club Room type. This is the largest room on this floor.
In this hotel, there are no 2-bed rooms.
A desk is available, with a large television screen. As well as paid snacks.
In the closet, you will find bathrobes and slippers. As well as an ironing board, a Nespresso machine and the mini-bar.
On the bedside tables, we find free bottles of water, as well as an old-fashioned phone.
The bathroom is hidden behind a sliding door.
This one is very large, especially the shower! Boutique hotel? Charming hotel… 😉
The hotel has a gym across the street.
All the devices are in this room at length.
At the lobby level is the hotel’s restaurant and bar. The interior of this boutique hotel is on many very dark aspects, and it’s nice to have daylight at breakfast through this canopy.
Breakfast is not a buffet but a table service.
As a Titanium Elite member (also available free of charge to Platinum members), we could choose what we wanted on this menu
The Vagabond Club – Singapore – a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel in Singapore. This is a hotel resolutely made for couple, not for families (or co-workers…).
I recommend it if you are visiting Singapore – and you have a free one-night certificate on hand: this hotel changes from the big chains!