The Form Hotel Al Jaddaf, Dubai is a recent property of the Design Hotels branch which opened in 2019. This was my home base for a week spent in Dubai. And I would go back in a second… especially for the quality-to-price ratio.
- Approximately $100 to $200 per night. For my six nights, it cost me a total of $950.
- Platinum status recognition with free breakfasts and 1,000 bonus points.
- It is not possible to use the chat on the app or to check in online.
Location of Form Hotel Al Jaddaf
The hotel is located away from downtown Dubai, but it is still well-situated. It is a two-minute walk from Al Jadaf metro station, which is the second last stop on the red line to Creek Station.
As a guide, here is how long it will take you to get to the following attractions by metro or cab. This means that it is well located for travel and that you can avoid the hubbub of the city center by staying there.
|Burj Khalifa||40 minutes||15 minutes|
|Airport||30 min.||10 min.|
|The Palm||1 hour||20 minutes|
|Souq||20 minutes||10 min.|
|Al Maha||–||50 min|
The Marriott Bonvoy program
For those who don’t know, Design Hotels is a member of Marriott Bonvoy. So, as a registered Marriott Bonvoy customer, you can book your stay at any of the participating Design Hotels on the Marriott website.
Here are the benefits you can expect:
- 10 points for every $1 spent on eligible hotel expenses
- Bonus points for Marriott Bonvoy™ Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite.
- On-site benefits of free internet access in the room and bottled water in the room
- Use of free night rewards without blackout dates
- Welcome gift of points for Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite
- Room upgrade for Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite (subject to availability at participating Design Marriott Bonvoy™ hotels)
- Priority late checkout for Silver Elite (subject to availability at participating Design Marriott Bonvoy™ hotels)
- Late checkout at 2:00 p.m. for Gold Elite (subject to availability at participating Design Marriott Bonvoy™ hotels)
- Late checkout at 4:00 p.m. for Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite (subject to availability at participating Design Marriott Bonvoy™ hotels)
King bed Plus+ room with city view
As the decoration is very minimalist, the room is not ideal to show off to your friends.
That said, I liked the furniture, which consisted mainly of the king bed, which was very comfortable and quite firm, the desk with USB plugs, which was a little small for a couple that takes up a lot of space in the living area, and the good-sized closet in the entrance.
The plus+ room offers a vestibule area that allows for a break from the room itself, which I liked. Oh! And no dial or anything to indicate the time.
As for the bathroom, although nice, it is quite small, but with good products, and two bathrobes to enjoy the pool! As for the view, I got a corner room with a nice view of the Dubai Creek area.
The only drawback of the room is the soundproofing which could be better in my opinion. The hotel is close to the highway so you can constantly hear a rumble; bearable of course, but not great. Well, we are in Dubai where the noise is all around!
The services at Form Hotel Al Jaddaf
As in all hotels in Dubai, the photo of Sheikh Zayed (who propelled the Emirates straight to infinity) artfully adorns the wall in the center of the lobby (remember the Design hotel), accompanied by portraits of the current president Sheikh Khalifa and the Sheikh of Dubai.
The lobby is magnificent! Marbled and a wall of wooden slats let us see the chic restaurant.
Located on the very top floor, the pool and gym are open from 8 am to 8 pm, and 24/7 respectively.
The pool is probably the element that makes Form Hotel stand out (and for the price!). The view of the skyline in the distance is stunning, and sunny all day long – the ideal place to sunbathe, to start the day, or to watch the spectactular sunset!
I also noticed the courtesy of the staff who were always there to ensure that my towel was dry and that we weren’t lacking in water. As for the gym, the treadmills overlook the beautiful Dubai Creek. Were you looking for an incentive to start jogging?
Offering Middle Eastern cuisine, the restaurant offers room service, which I appreciated. The meals are hearty and delicious, especially the grill mix!
As for breakfasts, free for platinum status and above, here is what is offered: a basket of pastries and croissants, cheese and olive plate, fruit plate, self-service coffee and juice, and plates with prepared eggs of your choice, accompanied by vegetables.
Enough to have a full belly until the afternoon… well, it depends on the person, but hey! Oh, I almost forgot, the restaurant’s terrace is elegant, with large sewn-in sofas, trees, and greenery all around. Very nice.
My general impression of the Form Hotel Al Jaddaf
For the price, and compared to other hotels in Dubai affiliated with Marriott, I thoroughly enjoyed the Form Hotel. This is my first experience with a Design Hotel, and I would compare the chain to the Curio hotels at Hilton.
Nothing extravagant, but rich in finesse, charm, and comfort. We are not in a corporate or luxurious hotel. It is rather trendy, diversified in terms of clientele, and very friendly for all. I highly recommend it at this price!
Read on for our must-see Dubai deals or the new Marriott Bonvoy offers: