The Fairmont Maldives is located on Shaviyani Atoll. This luxury hotel is served by seaplane or speedboat; it takes about 45 minutes from Malé. Arrivals are from 3 pm and departures at 12 am.
The seaplane flight costs 600 USD per adult (+12 years old) and 380 USD for children under 12 years old. This fee is to be paid to the hotel that will take care of your arrival on the island. Flight times are confirmed the day before.
Fairmont hotels are part of the Accor Live Limitless group of luxury hotels. Rewards Points accumulation will depend on your status, the type of hotel you stay at and the amount spent. To find out how to accumulate, check out our guide.
You can exchange your points for :
- free nights at the hotel,
- miles from other reward programs,
- car rentals,
To stay at the Fairmont Maldives, join the Accor Rewards Program and receive a 5% discount on your reservation. The hotel offers beach villas from 1,200 CAD per night with breakfast included, excluding taxes and fees.
Don’t miss the promotions made during the year, such as one night purchased = one night free.
One hundred twenty luxury villas are offered, each allowing calm and rest in an idyllic place with traditional decorations. You can choose to have a luxury villa:
- on the beach or on stilts,
- offering a view of the sunrise or sunset.
The hotel offers different types of villas:
- on the beach of 357 m2 for 2 adults and a child
- deluxe with pool of 496m2 for 3 adults and a child
- on stilts of 235 m2 for 2 adults
- in a luxurious tent of 526 m2 for 3 adults
- of 428 m2 with 2 rooms on stilts and its swimming pool for 4 adults
- of 524 m2 with 2 rooms on stilts and its swimming pool for 6 adults
- 750 m2 of 3 rooms on the beach with pool for 4 adults
- 1155 m2 of 3 rooms on the beach with pool for 6 adults
Your butler for the stay will drive you to your villa by cart through green internal paths. Ask for a tour of the island.
Villas on stilts
If you wish to be rocked by the sound of the waves, these villas are waiting for you. Sun loungers and the pool will fulfill your relaxation needs.
Example of a villa on the beach with private pool
If you are looking for more peace, the beach villas are more suitable, integrated into the lush nature of the surroundings. You can take your bath or shower outside and reach the beach easily.
The Fairmont Maldives hotel offers 4 restaurants:
- Azure, a pontoon overhang on the sea, you will have a feeling of infinity. Seafood and wine will be the perfect match for your dinner.
- Kata for a drink on its rooftop and finish by its restaurant.
- Raha Market, to enjoy Maldivian and international dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Onu Onu, with its Balinese decor, is a relaxed space on the beach for a cocktail
The Fairmont Maldives offers a Willow Stream Spa as well as various activities such as :
- session of rebalancing of the body and mind,
- cooking class,
- fitness class,
- art studio
Alternatively, you can relax by the hotel’s magnificent 200-meter-long infinity pool:
My general impression of the hotel
The Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi on Shaviyani Atoll is a luxurious resort with a traditional marine décor that will make you lose track of time.
Continue reading our other Marriott Bonvoy articles: