Air Canada - Preferred Seats
Air Canada’s Preferred Seats are Economy cabin seats with extra legroom and 10 cm of extra space between seats. What’s more, passengers in Preferred Seats are among the first to disembark from the aircraft on arrival.
Preferred Seats normally sell for between $20 and $199, depending on the aircraft and flight duration.
Seat selection is possible at different times depending on Aeroplan Elite status, fare class and flight type. Here are the details of this new benefit:
- Aeroplan 25K and Aeroplan 35K: the Preferred Seat can be selected at the time of online check-in, for all fare classes except Basic Economy.
- Aeroplan 50K: at any time for flights within North America and at the time of online check-in for all other flights, for all fare classes except Basic Economy.
- Aeroplan 75K: at any time for all flights, for all fare classes except Basic Economy.
- Aeroplan Super Elite: at any time, on any flight, for any fare class.
What’s more, Aeroplan 50K and Aeroplan 75K Members can choose a regular seat free of charge at the time of booking, on all flights and in all fare classes except Basic Economy.
This benefit is worth between $14 and $90 per passenger, depending on flight duration and destination.
Details and conditions
Here are a few more details and conditions about this new benefit:
- Free selection also applies to bookings made before October 2, 2023. However, no refunds will be issued for Preferred Seats purchased before October 2, 2023.
- The privilege is available to Aeroplan Elite Members and up to eight travel companions on the same reservation.
- The privilege applies only to flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge. Code-share or partner airline flights are not eligible.
- The 50% discount on Preferred seats offered with Flex tickets will be withdrawn.
- The privilege will be available on the Air Canada website later this week.
Air Canada aims to offer even more privileges to Aeroplan Elite members and their friends and family. The free selection of Preferred Seats is part of Air Canada’s overall effort to simplify seating benefits on its flights.