Difference between Expedia.ca and ExpediaforTD.com
Expedia and Expedia for TD are similar platforms: you will find the same prices for the same types of travel. You will be able to book a flight, a hotel room or rent a car.
However, Expedia for TD is only available to selected TD Rewards credit cardholders. Through the Expedia for TD platform, you can redeem your TD Rewards points for travel. There are no blackout dates or restrictions.
How to earn TD Rewards points
To use the Expedia for TD portal, you must be a TD credit cardholder participating in the TD Rewards program.
For example, with the TD First Class TravelMD Visa Infinite* Card, you can earn 8 TD Rewards points per dollar when you book travel through Expedia for TD.
Another way is to use this practical card for everyday purchases:
- 6 points / $1 for your grocery and restaurant purchases
- 4 points / $1 for recurring bill payments made to your account
- 2 points / $1 for all other purchases
$ 100 TD Travel Credit
Plus, with the TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card, you’ll receive a $100 TD travel credit on your first eligible travel purchase between January 1 and December 31 of each year.
On January 1, the $100 credit becomes available again. However, it does not accumulate from year to year if not used.
A purchase eligible for travel credit includes :
- the purchase of a stay at a hotel, motel, tourist accommodation or vacation rental of $500 CDN or more through Expedia for TD; or
- the purchase of a vacation package of $500 CAD or more from Expedia for TD, which includes hotel, motel, tourist accommodation or vacation rental and transportation.
All that matters is that $500 or more must be charged to the TD credit card, including fees and taxes. Then, 2 to 3 days later, you’ll receive an e-mail from TD confirming the application of the $100 travel credit.
Then the travel credit will simply appear in your account!
Here are the top three TD credit cards that earn TD Rewards points:
TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card
With the TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card, you can get up to 115,000 TD Points† and a first-year annual fee rebate:
- Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card†
- 95,000 TD Rewards Points if you spend $5,000 within 180 days of Account opening†
- A Birthday Bonus of up to 10,000 TD Rewards Points†
Get an Annual Fee Rebate for the first year†.
With the TD First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card, you get:
- 8 TD Rewards Points† for every $1 you spend when you book travel through Expedia® For TD
- 6 TD Rewards Points† for every $1 you spend on Groceries and Restaurants
- 4 TD Rewards Points† for every $1 you spend on regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account
- 2 TD Rewards Points† For every $1 you spend on other Purchases
This TD credit card is one of the best TD travel rewards cards.
TD Platinum Travel Visa* Card
With this new welcome offer for the TD Platinum Travel Visa* Card, you can get up to 50,000 TD points and a first-year annual fee rebate:
- Welcome Bonus of 15,000 TD Rewards Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card†.
- 35,000 TD Rewards Points when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of Account opening†.
Get an Annual Fee Rebate for the first year†.
There is no minimum income requirement for this TD credit card.
TD Rewards Visa* Card
For a limited time, you can earn 19,697 TD Rewards Points with the TD Rewards Visa* Card. That’s a value of $65 on Amazon.ca.
With the TD Rewards Visa* Card, you earn:
- 4 TD Rewards Points for every $1 you spend when you book travel through Expedia® For TD†
- 3 TD Rewards Points for every $1 you spend on Groceries and Restaurants†.
- 2 TD Rewards Points for every $1 you spend on regularly recurring bill payments set up on your Account†
- 1 TD Rewards Point per dollar on other purcases†
The TD Rewards Visa* Card has no annual fee and comes with Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection.
How to redeem points with Expedia for TD
Redeeming TD Rewards points through the Expedia for TD portal is easy:
- Log in to Expedia for TD
- At the top right, you will see the number of TD Rewards points available and the redeemable value in dollars
- Choose the trip that suits you
At checkout, choose to use your TD points. The text in the green square will tell you the amount and points required. Each 200 points reduces the cost of the trip by $1.
You can also complete the payment with your credit card if you do not have enough TD Rewards points available.
There you go ! Congratulations on your TD Rewards points savings. We love it!
Frequently asked questions about Expedia for TD
What is the Expedia website for TD?
Expedia for TD is TD’s travel booking platform. This site is reserved exclusively for TD credit cardholders.
How does Expedia for TD work?
Expedia for TD is similar to any other travel booking website. You can pay for your trip with your credit card and/or with your TD Rewards points.
How do I use my TD Rewards points to book through Expedia for TD?
To find out how many TD Rewards points you have before booking with Expedia for TD, check your TD online statement. You can also track your points on the TD Rewards portal.
What is the value of a TD Rewards point?
One TD Rewards Point is worth 0.5 cents.
On Expedia for TD, you can use your TD Rewards points in increments of 200 points for a value of $1.
Which TD credit cards for Expedia?
How do I contact Expedia for the TD?
You can call Expedia for TD at 1-877-222-6492.
If you would like to book a cruise with Expedia for TD, please call 1-800-707-7327.