What To Expect" tool from Marriott Bonvoy
During the COVID-19 pandemic, hotels have significantly reduced the services offered to their guests. We have experienced it in numerous hotels we visited in Canada in recent months:
- Review: Four Points by Sheraton Lévis Convention Center
- Review: Residence Inn Montreal Downtown
- Review: Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu by Caroline
- Review: Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu hotel by André
- Review: Novotel Toronto Downtown Hotel
- Review: Best Western Premier Hotel Aristocrate – Quebec
- Review: Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel
- My Trip to Vancouver: How I used my points while travelling with a mask!
Thus, in the Facebook group, many members are asking about the services offered by hotels:
- Will the restaurant be open for breakfast?
- Will the hotel lounge be open?
- Will the pool be open?
- Will the gym be open?
- What will be the welcome gifts?
Marriott is clearly aware of the situation and is in the process of implementing the What To Expecttool.
At the moment, this tool is not easy to find (not available from the booking page, for example). And you need to know the MARSHA code (a 5-letter code identifying each Marriott hotel).
Identify Marriott's MARSHA code
In my article explaining how a Marriott Bonvoy status saves us a lot of money, I explain how I use the MARSHA code to find the email address of a specific Marriott hotel.
Here, we will use the same MARSHA code to discover the services offered by a hotel in times of COVID-19 pandemic .
Here are two ways to identify a Marriott hotel’s MARSHA code:
- By going to the hotel page on Marriott’s website. You will find the MARSHA code in the address bar. For example, with the Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel,we discover that its MARSHA code is “YULMD”
- By browsing the full Marriott Bonvoy hotels map I created. For each hotel listing, I’ve indicated the MARSHA code as well as other relevant information!
Create the Marriott "What To Expect" link
Once you have the hotel’s MARSHA code, just add it to the following link:
Let’s continue with the Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel example and its MARSHA code:“YULMD”:
We then arrive on the “What To Expect” page of this hotel.
*** January 24, 2022 Update:
The above link may have technical problems at the moment. A workaround is to use the following link and add the hotel code after the slash:
Thus, to use the example of the Renaissance Montreal Downtown hotel, the link will be :
Find out what services are available
On this page, you will find all the services offered by the hotel, but also the different protocols in place.
You will find out, for example:
- Opening hours of the property amenities (restaurants, terraces, gym, business center etc.)
- Services offered in restaurants or in your room
But also everything related to your Marriott Bonvoy Elite status:
- Mobile Check-In/Check-Out
- Mobile Key
- Mobile Dining
- Mobile Guest Requests
- Breakfast for Elite members
- Lounge Access info
- Welcome gift
- And more!
I applaud Marriott Bonvoy’s initiative to meet an increasingly pressing demand.
However, at this time, this initiative seems to be only concerning high-end or full service hotels (Sheraton, Westin, Renaissance, etc.). And I can’t wait to see that integrated into the booking process.