Match your status with WestJet Rewards
The WestJet Rewards program offers you three challenges to match the status you have achieved with a competing loyalty program.
To qualify for the WestJet Rewards Gold Level, you must have a status among the following programs:
- Air Canada Altitude: 35K, 50K, 75K and 100K
- VIPorter Priority
To qualify for the WestJet Rewards Silver Level, you must have a status among the following programs:
- Air Canada Altitude: 25K
- VIPorter Passport
Challenge 1: the request form
The first challenge is pretty simple. A form must be submitted between January 9 and 31, 2020 with the following information:
- Your first and last name.
- Your 9-digit WestJet Rewards ID (which is given to you when you join WestJet Rewards).
- Email address and phone number associated with your WestJet account.
- A scanned copy or photo of your top-tier membership card from Altitude and VIPorter, showing your name, current status valid through to a minimum February 29, 2020.
Challenge 2: take a flight
Once WestJet Rewards has validated your competing status, you will have access to WestJet status benefits until March 31, 2020.
If you want to take more benefits from this status, here is the second challenge.
Take minimum one flight between January 9 and March 31, 2020:
- Air Canada Altitude and Porter members must take at least one WestJet flight to any destination
Challenge 3: qualifying spend
Once the second challenge is completed, you will have WestJet status until June 30, 2020. To extend the benefits of an additional year, here is the third challenge.
- Gold members with a minimum qualifying spend of $2,500 between the date of upgrade in Challenge 1 and June 30, 2020 will retain Gold status for another year, until June 30, 2021.
- Silver members who have reached a minimum qualifying spend of $1,500 between the date of the upgrade in Challenge 1 and June 30, 2020, will retain their Silver level for another year, until June 30, 2021
Qualifying spend is 100% of the amount spent on eligible published base fares for WestJet-marketed flights flown by the member within a qualifying year.
The following items are not eligible toward qualifying spend Basic fares, Member Exclusive fares, contracted fares, tour operator fare, WestJet Vacations group package bookings, partner-marketed flights, partner bookings made on Westjet.com, gift cards, taxes, fees and charges, any portion paid with WestJet dollars or any other rewards program redemption.
WestJet Rewards once again tackles frequent flyers, including Air Canada. Remember that the program is getting closer and closer to Flying Blue (and thus Skyteam), especially by allowing Flying Blue members to progress in their status by travelling with WestJet!