With this partnership between TD and Uber, eligible TD credit card holders will be able to enjoy a free subscription to Uber One!
Uber One replaced Uber Pass in November 2022.
Uber One is a subscription to save on groceries and meal deliveries. With this free Uber One membership via a TD card, it allows:
- $ 0 delivery fee and 5% discount for orders placed at eligible restaurants (minimum order of $15)
- $ 0 delivery charge on orders placed in grocery stores and eligible businesses (minimum order of $40)
- 5% discount on eligible trips, with access to top-rated drivers
- Members-only privileges, such as special offers and promotions
This offer is effective from today until May 23, 2024. You have plenty of time but don’t forget to sign up for this attractive benefit.
All the information is on this TD page.
TD Credit Cards eligible for free Uber One membership
TD credit cards participating in this benefit are:
|Credit Cards||Duration of the free Uber One subscription|
TD Access Card with Visa Debit* (in combination with a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan, TD Unlimited Chequing Account, TD Everyday Chequing Account or TD Student Chequing Account)
TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite* Card
TD Business Travel Visa* Card
Uber One subscription costs $9.99 per month. So, depending on the TD card held, the value ranges from $60 to $120.
After your free Uber One promotion, don’t forget to cancel the subscription if you don’t want it anymore.
In Quebec, the law prohibits automatic subscription or renewal without advance notice to the cardholder. But don’t take any chances and read the terms of the offer carefully, as they ask you to accept future fees in advance.
How to take advantage of this offer
To take advantage of the offer, you need to :
- Sign in or download the Uber or Uber Eats app
- Add or select the eligible TD Card in the Account payment methods
Next, the free Uber One subscription offer will automatically appear in the Uber or Uber Eats mobile app. You will need to activate it at this point by clicking on Claim Offer.
After the description of the Uber One subscription, click on Join now.
Note that eligible TD cards added to the Uber account via Apple Pay or PayPal are not eligible for the free Uber One subscription offer.
In addition, Uber One benefits apply only when the eligible TD Card is used to pay for the order or ride.
Then, when browsing, the Uber One logo will appear with the discount, when ordering a ride or delivery.
Uber and TD offer conditions
These terms are the same for all eligible TD credit cards:
- You have until May 23, 2024 to claim your free membership.
- Once activated, the free membership will last for the full 6 or 12 months.
- The offer is valid only once per Uber account, even if you have multiple eligible TD credit cards.
- A member with an existing Uber One subscription can sign up for this offer. They must complete the above steps to join. Then, the free Uber One subscription will begin in the next billing cycle.
- When your free membership ends, the full Uber Pass rate will apply. If you cancel, be sure to do so at least 48 hours before the last day of your membership to avoid being charged.
Please read the fine print on the TD website.
Brand new Uber customers have a special offer.
When signing up for Uber, the code TDxUBER gives :
- $ 30 off your first Uber Eats purchase
- or 15% off, up to $10 off your very first Uber ride
RBC has launched a similar partnership with Uber Eats’ competitor app, DoorDash. Some RBC credit cardholders can get a 3 to 12-month DashPass subscription.
This new TD x Uber partnership provides significant savings on travel and food deliveries.
If you are interested in this Uber One offer and the TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite* CardMD, we strongly recommend that you apply for this card before May 28, 2023. The welcome offer is very interesting. If you read between the lines, it is possible that the offer will not be as attractive after this date…