Aeroplan and Uber Canada are unveiling an expanded partnership. Aeroplan members can now earn points with Uber and Uber Eats.
Outline of the partnership
With Uber Eats in Canada:
- 1 Aeroplan point per dollar spent on eligible Uber Eats orders over $25
For Uber in Canada and the United States:
- 1 Aeroplan point per dollar spent on Uber Airport Rides
- 1 Aeroplan point per dollar spent on Uber Premium Rides (UberXL, Uber Comfort, Uber Black, Uber Select, etc.) in Canada and the United States
- 2 Aeroplan Points per dollar spent on Uber Premium Airport Rides in Canada and the U.S.
Plus, every time you take 10 Uber rides in Canada or the U.S., you’ll receive a $20 Air Canada flight credit. Therefore, for 20 rides, you can get a $40 credit. And so on!
Talk about a particularly innovative partnership between two brands to build loyalty among Aeroplan members!
However, the initial offer of 2 points per dollar spent on Uber Eats through the Aeroplan eStore will no longer be available.
But, the offer to Aeroplan credit cardholders for free Uber Pass membership is still available!
To encourage Aeroplan members to use Uber Canada services, there are some noteworthy promotions:
- 1,000 Aeroplan bonus points for New Uber Eats users on their first order
- 1,000 Aeroplan bonus points for new Uber riders on their first ride
And all Aeroplan Members can redeem their points for :
- Uber gift cards
- A three-month Uber Pass subscription in the Aeroplan eStore
Members who have linked their accounts can redeem their points for these two products for a reduced number of points.
How to link your Aeroplan account with Uber
Here is how to link your Aeroplan account with Uber.
Open the Uber or Uber Eats app and tap the menu on the top left corner
- Tap ‘Settings,’ and scroll down to tap ‘Aeroplan’ under the Rewards section,
- then tap ‘Link Account’ and then log into your Aeroplan account;
Voilà! Once accounts are linked, you will start earning points on qualifying Uber Eats orders and qualifying rides.
As a reminder, here’s how to activate your free Uber Pass membership:
- Open the Uber or Uber Eats app and tap the menuon the top left corner
- Add your eligible Aeroplan credit card to your Uber account;
- Activate your free Uber Pass membership
Then use your Aeroplan credit card when paying for eligible purchases (the same one you used to activate your free membership).
Earning Aeroplan points for Uber Rides or Uber Eats orders and getting Air Canada flight credits after ten rides will likely further build loyalty and keep Aeroplan members active in the program.
This dynamic was announced in this promotional video a few months ago: