Do you shop your office supplies at Staples? Here are our tips on how to save money with AIR MILES at Staples!
How To Save Money At Staples With AIR MILES?
- Use the Cash Miles in your AIR MILES Cash Account in-store in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 towards your purchases at Staples
- Get 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $40 spent in a single net transaction at Staples
Earn miles and rebates at Staples
Miles are earned on eligible purchases (see Non-eligible items below), up to a daily maximum of $750 from all partners.
And you can also earn AIR MILES Bonus Reward miles on some items or during regular promotions.
Earn 50 AIR MILES Reward Miles when you sign up for the STAPLES® Newsletter.
Get 1 mile for every $20 spent before taxes and delivery through airmileshops.ca
Some promotions are also contests related to the AIR MILES Loyalty Program to promote some products.
Finally, to further enhance the savings, Staples offers New Lower Prices every week and in-store and online clearance items. To make sure you don’t miss anything, check their flyer regularly.
Products that are not eligible for AIR MILES Reward miles include but are not limited to the following:
- all taxes
- Bose products
- delivery services
- assembly services
- all gift cards
- dining/activities/getaway packages
- postage stamps
- self-serve copying
- charitable donations
- electronic levies
- environmental and other third-party fees
Redeem your AIR MILES Reward Miles at Staples
Those who decide to use their AIR MILES Reward Miles to save money at Staples, redeeming 95 miles are equivalent to $10.
However, there are two exceptions when redeeming AIR MILES Cash Miles:
- Gift cards
- near-cash products
At the register, members show their AIR MILES loyalty card or the bar code on their smartphone. They then ask to convert their Cash Miles: 95 Cash Miles = $10 towards your purchases.
Save with coupons at Staples
At Staples, you can add different types of coupons that reduce prices at the checkout. Here are the rules:
- Only one Dollars off/Air Miles/Free item coupon per purchase
- “Product specific” coupons may be combined with other coupons as long as the purchase requirement of each coupon is met independently
- Not valid on Bose® products, services, business service provider or custom-printing service provider web sites, gift cards, dining/activities/getaway packages, phone cards, or postage stamps
- Staples does not accept competitor, manufacturer or any other third-party coupons
Here are the definitions of the different Staples coupons:
- “Dollars off” coupons provide a general discount on your order total
- “Product specific” coupons provide a discount on a specific product
Credit cards and Staples
Some credit cards earn more points, miles or cash back at Staples. Here are the best credit cards to save money at Staples.
AIR MILES credit cards
With BMO No Annual Fee Credit Cards, you can earn 3x the miles for every $25 you spend at STAPLES® (and participating AIR MILES® Partners) with no annual fee. Plus, the AIR MILES Reward Miles you earn when you show your AIR MILES loyalty card.
Alternatively, with these two AIR MILES credit cards, you can earn 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile for every $10 you spend at Staples.
Other credit cards
In addition to AIR MILES, credit cards offer you the opportunity to earn more points for office supplies purchases, such as at Staples stores.
For example, with the American Express Business Edge™ Card you can get 3 times the points for Card purchases on office supplies (as well as electronics, rides & gas and eats & drinks).
Alternatively, if you prefer a Mastercard credit card, we recommend using the BMO Rewards® Business Mastercard®*: with this card, you can earn 3 points for every $1 you spend on office supplies.
Staples has been around for 30 years in Canada, and since 1993 in Quebec. As of 2013, AIR MILES Collectors can earn and redeem miles when they shop at over 300 Staples locations across the country.
Next time you buy some office supplies at Staples, don’t forget to show your AIR MILES Loyalty card at the checkout!