With the RBC Cathay Pacific Visa Platinum Card, you can earn 15,000 Asia Miles as a welcome bonus.
With this card, you get a complimentary first year Green Tier Membership to Cathay Pacific’s exclusive Marco Polo Club. And you can enjoy a 10% discount on travel awards when you use your Asia Miles.
You earn 2 Asia Miles for every dollar you spend with Cathay Pacific and 1 Asia Mile for every dollar you spend on all other purchases.
And you benefit from numerous insurances.
Earning Asia Miles
With the RBC Cathay Pacific Visa Platinum Card, you earn:
- 2 Asia Miles per dollar spent with Cathay Pacific (flights, vacation packages, etc.)
- 1.25 Asia Miles per dollar spent in a foreign currency
- 1 Asia Mile per dollar spent on all other purchases
Redeeming Asia Miles
For example, you could redeem your Asia Miles for:
- Travel between Canada and Hong Kong
- Travel with Qatar Airways
- Travel between North America and South Africa with a stop in Hong Kong for 85,000 miles in business class
- Book an itinerary with multiple Oneworld partners
- Treat yourself to an upgrade when travelling with Cathay Pacific
Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Green Elite Status
With the RBC Cathay Pacific Visa Platinum Card, you automatically receive Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Green Status.
With this status, you get, for example, extra checked bags as well as priority boarding and the possibility to use Asia Miles for lounge access.
With the RBC Cathay Pacific Visa Platinum Card, you get multiple insurance benefits:
- Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Flight delay insurance and purchase of essential items
- Hotel or motel burglary insurance
- Collision and damage insurance for rental vehicles
- Purchase coverage
- Extended warranty