You can now earn and use Aeroplan points with Oman Air, which has just joined the program as an airline partner.
New Aeroplan Partner
The Aeroplan program is constantly adding new airline partners! In recent months, after Eurowings Discover, Virgin Australia and Gulf Air, another partner has been added to the list to become the 45th partner: Oman Air.
Oman Air, the national airline of the Sultanate of Oman, has been in existence since 1993 and is well established in the Middle East.
The airline operates international flights to over 50 destinations around the world from Muscat (MCT).
Its fleet includes Airbus A330s and Boeing B787s for long-haul flights and Boeing 737s for short and medium-haul flights.
What is particularly interesting is that Oman Air is offering a First Class called First Class Private Suite, which will now be easily accessible with Aeroplan points.
And its business class looks exceptional too with its Apex Suite configuration allowing aisle access to all passengers.
To give you an idea, this is a similar configuration to the Gulf Air one I visited at the Dubai Air Show:
This new partnership offers members more choice and more seats for the following countries:
- Asia: Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand
- Near and Middle East: Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Qatar
- Europe: Germany (Frankfurt, Munich), France (Paris), Italy (Milan), UK (London), Switzerland (Zurich)
- Africa: Egypt (Cairo), Kenya, Morocco (Casablanca), Zanzibar
The easiest way to travel on Oman Air is through Europe, accessible directly from Canada with many Aeroplan member airlines such as Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss.
How to earn Aeroplan points with Oman Air
Members will be able to earn Aeroplan points based on the distance flown on all scheduled flights operated by Oman Air.
Here is the Aeroplan earning chart for flights operated by Oman Air:
|Class of Service||Eligible reservation classes||Aeroplan points (% of miles traveled)|
|Business||J, C, D, R||125 %|
|Economy||Y, H, M, B||100 %|
|K, I, Q, T||50 %|
|N , L , U, O, G||25 %|
How to book Oman Air flights
Here are the details you need to know when booking Aeroplan flight rewards on Oman Air:
- Members will be able to book Oman Air flights at aircanada.com, on the Air Canada mobile app or through the Aeroplan Centre. They can be combined with flights operated by Air Canada and other international airline partners.
- Oman Air flights are eligible for redemption of points for first class, business class and economy class flight rewards.
- A partner booking fee of $39 will apply for flight rewards that include a flight with Oman Air.
- Flights are priced according to Aeroplan’s partner pricing.
For example, a flight from Europe (Frankfurt, Paris, London, Zurich etc.) to Muscat (MCT) will cost :
- 25,000 Aeroplan points in economy class
- 45,000 Aeroplan points in business class
- 60,000 Aeroplan points in First Class
It’s a surprising partnership since Oman Air is apparently seeking to join the Oneworld alliance, a competitor to the Star Alliance in which Air Canada participates, by seeking support from Qatar Airways.
Regardless, this is the ninth airline to join the program since June 2020. And it won’t end there as Aeroplan promises to announce more airline partners in the coming months.