Get 15% off when you buy Marriott gift cards
For two days, On November 30 and December 1, 2020, Marriott offers a 15% discount on Marriott gift cards’ purchase.
There are many conditions associated with the purchase of these gift cards:
- The purchase is in US$
- You can purchase up to US$5,000 worth of gift cards per person, per credit card, per day
- Gift cards can’t be used to pay for a pre-purchased rate
- Gift cards cannot be used at Bulgari, Design Hotels, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Homes and Villas by Marriott
- Marriott gift cards don’t expire
Here are the gift cards available:
|Marriott gift card||Price paid|
Is this a good deal?
If you’re thinking of getting a gift card with a 15% discount, you have different options:
- You could pay with a Canadian Marriott Bonvoy credit card: you will earn 5 points per dollar (or about 6.5 points per USD since the transaction is done in U.S. dollars). On the other hand, you’ll have a 2.5% conversion fee on your Marriott Bonvoymc American ExpressTM Card or Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card
- You could pay with a US Marriott Bonvoy credit card: you will earn 6 points per dollar.
- You could pay with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®: you will earn 6 points per dollar (or 3% in travel rewards) and will not pay any foreign currency conversion fees.
Knowing that Marriott Bonvoy gift cards have no expiry date, it could be a good deal to get 15% off your future stays! Especially since we are in a period where it is better to pay for your stays in cash than to redeem points.
Note that it will be better to use gift cards in the United States, or in a country that charges for stays in U.S. dollars, as a conversion fee may apply when using the gift card.