Air Canada Buddy Pass
Here are the key points to know about the Air Canada Buddy Pass:
- It’s a buy-one-get-one Pass
- You only pay taxes and third-party charges on the second ticket
- Available for one year before it expires
- Though travel can be booked for a date beyond that year
- Available anywhere Air Canada flies in North America (including Hawaii and Mexico).
- Valid for travel any time for any economy fare, including fares on sale
- Ability to upgrade, depending on status level and fare purchased
- Does not apply to bookings made with Aeroplan points.
You may have already subscribed to such a welcome offer before. Right now, this is the only welcome offer that offers the Air Canada Buddy Pass:
Hawaii with the Air Canada Buddy Pass
Let’s look at two fares, during the peak season (spring break) and off-peak.
Here is an example of a round trip flight between Montreal and Honolulu from February 27 to March 13, 2022 for 2 passengers:
The cost is $1,926 for 2 passengers (or $963 per person).
Now, using the Air Canada Buddy Pass, the same itinerary costs $1,108 (or $554 per person). You save $818 with the Air Canada Buddy Pass.
Another example of a return flight between Montreal and Honolulu from March 20 to April 3, 2022 for 2 passengers during a less busy period:
The cost is $1,406 for 2 passengers (or $703 per person).
Now, using the Air Canada Buddy Pass, the same itinerary is $848 (or $424 per person). You save $558 with the Air Canada Buddy Pass.
Of course, it may be possible to find flights around $500-600. Still, these will include stopovers, often in the United States with United, American or Delta, which is not recommended, especially in winter!
And if you have an Aeroplan credit card, you (and 8 other travellers) get a complimentary first checked bag, as well as other travel benefits on Air Canada.
This makes the Air Canada Buddy Pass a valuable tool in a situation like this, where you can choose the date of travel that suits you without being dependent on availability with your Aeroplan points.
Finally, if you are a family of 2 adults and 2 children, the strategy to adopt is to each apply for a credit card coming with the Air Canada Buddy Pass. This way, each of your children will travel almost for free!