For a limited time, you can buy Marriott Bonvoy points and get a mystery bonus! Useful for some redemptions.
Until September 25, 2021, it is possible to buy Marriott Bonvoy points and enjoy a mystery bonus.
Depending on your luck and your account, Marriott Bonvoy offers you the opportunity to purchase points with an exclusive bonus.
You must buy a minimum of 2,000 points to get this offer.
For example, if you want to buy 100,000 points, it will cost you US$1,250. In my case, I got a 45 % bonus. So I get an additional 45,000 points, which comes to 0.86 USD cents per point.
And you, what is your bonus percentage?
The conditions are as follows:
- You can purchase up to 100,000 points, which is double the previous annual limit.
- Points that have already been purchased or received as gifts in 2021 are included in the 100,000 point purchase limit
- Bonus points earned in this promotion are not included in the annual limit
- Points purchased do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status
- Point purchases will be processed within 72 hours of the transaction
- New Members may purchase points thirty (30) days after joining the Marriott Bonvoy program
Buying Marriott Bonvoy points will be useful for topping up an existing points balance and if you have a specific redemption in mind. For example, in a luxury hotel such as the Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai or the Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection in Crete.
Aside from buying points, there are two ways to get Marriott Bonvoy points:
- By staying in Marriott Bonvoy Hotels (and benefit from hotel stays promotions)
- By applying for one or more credit cards earning Marriott Bonvoy points
How do I get Marriott Bonvoy points in Canada?
For Canadians, it’s pretty easy to get Marriott Bonvoy points.
Indeed, there are two Marriott Bonvoy branded-credit cards and each offer a significant welcome bonus:
With those cards, you earn between 2 and 5 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar for your purchases.
You can earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points from these six cards:
Our favourite is the American Express Cobalt™ Card.
It earns 5x the points for everyday expenses such as groceries, convenience stores, restaurants, bars purchases and even food deliveries.
If you convert your points to Marriott Bonvoy, it’s like earning6 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar on those purchases. That’s exceptional!
Buying Marriott Bonvoy points can, therefore, be interesting for some, whether with a specific goal in mind or to complete a points balance to get discounted hotel night!
But if you are not in one of these situations, we advise you not to buy points: it will be more beneficial to get Marriott Bonvoy points directly or indirectly with a credit card.