HSBC Rewards and British Airways Executive Club
Under normal circumstances, you can convert 25,000 HSBC Rewards points – earned with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® – into 10,000 Avios miles.
So it’s like you’ve earned :
- 2.4 Avios miles per dollar for your travel purchases
- 1.2 Avios miles per dollar for your other purchases
This is already a decent conversion rate and one of the best uses of HSBC Rewards points.
Once or twice a year, HSBC Rewards runs a promotion to convert your points into Avios miles, with a 30% to 40% bonus. The last class was in July 2021. Then there were others in November 2020, November 2019 and June 2019.
30% bonus between HSBC Rewards and British Airways Executive Club
From June 1 to June 30, 2022, you can convert your HSBC Rewards points to Avios points with a 30% conversion bonus. It’s like you’ve earned:
- 3.12 Avios miles per dollar for your travel purchases
- 1.56 Avios miles per dollar for your other purchases
This is a great return you can get with your HSBC Rewards points.
For example, the last promotion was in July 2021 and it was 40%. I was able to make this conversion:
And I got 14,000 Avios miles that showed up 48 hours later in my British Airways Executive Club account, that’s a 40% bonus:
Avios miles are especially useful for booking award tickets in :
- North America for American Airlinesflights
- Europe for British Airways or Iberia flights
- Australia for flights with Qantas
- Asia for flights with Cathay Pacific or Japan Airlines
- Between North America and Europe with Aer Lingus
- Between Europe and the Middle East with Qatar Airways
Or treat yourself to the luxury of British Airways First Class on specific routes.