VIA RAIL eVouchers with AIR MILES Canada
I’m used to earning AIR MILES Dream Miles for travel (flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, all-inclusive, theme parks), but I wasn’t very interested in what the AIR MILES Cash miles could get me.
I knew, of course, that Disney fans earn AIR MILES Cash Miles for Disney gift cards and that many AIR MILES collectors redeem Cash Miles towards their grocery purchases at IGA or their gas purchases at SHELL. But VIA RAIL e-vouchers?
With AIR MILES, you can redeem AIR MILES Cash Miles online towards eVouchers with 16 participating Partners including Via Rail.
How does it work?
You can get as many VIA RAIL $20 or $50 eVouchers you wish (limited by your AIR MILES Cash balance of course).
The redemption value is equal to the one in-store: 95 AIR MILES Reward Miles = $10.
It’s straightforward to get an eVoucher with AIR MILES Cash Miles.
Miles are instantly debited from your AIR MILES account and the eVouchers are sent to the email address you provide.
What’s important to know about AIR MILES Canada eVouchers:
- The full value of the eVoucher must be used in a single transaction; any unused portion of the eVoucher will be forfeited. In this case, it’s a good idea to have small denominations of $20 and $50.
- The Cash Miles redemption is a final order. Once issued, the eVoucher cannot be returned, cancelled or exchanged for cash.
- The eVoucher must be printed and presented in person at a staffed VIA Rail ticket office at time of purchase. You can’t use your eVouchers for online or telephone purchases, or to make purchases onboard the train, or pay for additional luggage.
- Sales taxes that may be applicable on the tickets you purchase with this eVoucher will be calculated on prices before the eVoucher’s retail value is credited by VIA Rail.
- The VIA RAIL eVouchers have no expiration date and no maintenance fees.
- AIR MILES eVouchers are valid at all VIA Rail staffed ticketing locations across Canada.
Register for the VIA RAIL loyalty program
The AIR MILES Loyalty Program offers many opportunities to reward yourself, especially those who love to travel.
Since it has been recommended to stay in the country for a year already and will probably stay that way for a few more months, using AIR MILES Cash Miles to travel by train in Canada seems like a good idea, especially since the eVoucher has no expiration date.
The partnership between AIR MILES and VIA RAIL means that I’ve just shifted my cursor to earning 100% in Cash Rewards. Would you like to do that too?