With this strategy, you can earn up to 40,000 Aeroplan points and an Air Canada Buddy Pass for $120.
The best strategy to earn 70,000 Aeroplan points
With this welcome offer for the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card, you can earn up to 40,000 Aeroplan points and an Air Canada Buddy Pass.
- 10,000 Aeroplan points and a bonus Buddy Pass after $1,500 in Card purchases within the first 3 months
- 2,500 Aeroplan Points per month, after $500 in Card purchases per month for the first 12 months or 30,000 Aeroplan Points
Here is an explanatory table:
- After $1,500 in Card purchases, you earn 10,000 points and the Buddy Pass
- Each month, after $500 in Card purchases, you earn 2,500 points
- In total, you get up to 40,000 points and a Buddy Pass
|3||$500||2,500 + 10,000 + Buddy Pass|
|Total||$6,000||30,000 + 10,000 + Buddy Pass|
And with American Express’ online promotional offers, you could even recoup a good portion of the $120 annual fee (I’m thinking of Shop Small, for example, where you can get up to $50 in statement credit).
If you want to earn Aeroplan points but aren’t willing to pay a $599 fee to get a Card like the American Express® Aeroplan®* Reserve Card, look no further: up to 40,000 Aeroplan points and an Air Canada Buddy pass for only $120!
And if you’re a couple or a family – and can meet the minimum amount required each month via your spending – you could each sign up for the American Express® Aeroplan®* Card and get up to 80,000 Aeroplan points, and 2 Buddy passes for $240.
You will be able to share these points via Family Sharing.
And you can travel twice on Air Canada, paying for only one ticket each time with the Air Canada Buddy Pass (or travel as a family of 4 and pay for only 2 tickets)!
It’s especially convenient for a couple with two children, for example, to travel to Disney or Hawaii in 2022!