Here are the details of the offer made by the Vancouver Hotel Destination Association (VHDA) which issues gift cards for hotel nights.
Every year, the Vancouver Hotel Destination Association (VHDA) – through the StayVancouverHotels initiative, which brings together 37 downtown hotels – offers Visa Reward Card for hotel stays. This is a good way for Vancouver to boost stays in the city, particularly with this year’s COVID-19 pandemic!
With this offer, you can get:
- a Visa prepaid gift card worth $50, $75, $100 or $125 for the first night
- a $50 Visa prepaid gift card for the second and third night!
In total, if you stay 3 nights at any of the participating hotels, you could get up to $225 in Visa Prepaid Gift Cards!
To benefit from this promotion, you must book your hotel on the StayVancouverHotels website. Here are the details:
- Book through StayVancouverHotels.com using promo code “Visa”.
- Booking subsequent nights as separate reservations will be treated the same as a single reservation for multiple nights.
- The first night qualifies for a $50, $75, $100 or $125 reward depending on hotel booked. Plus a $50 Visa Reward card per night for up to two additional, consecutive nights.
- Three bookings maximum per person.
- The stay must be made between now and September 6, 2021
- Bookings are cancellable up to 48 hours before check-in date.
- Visa Reward card(s) will be delivered at check-in.
- Bookings can be made using VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.
- This offer is limited and may end at any time.
- Please note that hotel amenities & services may be limited. Please check with the hotel directly.
As you can see in the example below, in some cases, a night costs only $61 and provides a $100 Visa Reward Card!
Here are our Vancouver hotel reviews:
Combine with Amex Offers
Don’t forget that at the moment, American Express is running several offers you can combine with this promotion:
- Discover British Columbia: spend $250 and get $50
- Spend $200 at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel and earn a $50 statement credit
- Spend $350 at a Marriott Bonvoy hotel and earn a $100 statement credit
By booking through StayVancouverHotels, you will be able to take advantage of the benefits offered by your Elite status and have the points and nights of your stay credited to you.
I did that on my last trip to Vancouver with a similar offer. You need to contact the hotel after your booking and provide your loyalty number!
Then, you can pay for your stay with your Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card to earn 5 points per dollar (for Marriott hotel stays). Or directly use your gift card at checkout!