Montreal - Doha with Qatar Airways
In Canada, the only route served by Qatar Airways is in Montreal: Montreal – Doha. A 12-hour flight you can now book for :
- 42,500 miles and US$68 in economy
- 85,000 miles and US$68 in business class
Especially since this route is operated with Qatar Airways’ best business class, the Qsuites (one of the best business classes in the world).
It could be interesting to use Alaska miles between Europe and the Middle East as for example between Paris and Doha:
- 25,000 miles and US$82 in economy
- 65,000 miles and US$ 148 in business class
To the Maldives
Although availability is limited, it is still possible to find flights to the Maldives through Doha from Montreal:
- 42,500 miles and US$79 in economy
- 85,000 miles and US$79 in business class
How to earn Alaska miles
In Canada, there are 3 ways to earn Alaska Miles:
- Apply for an Alaska Mileage Plan credit card
- Travel with Alaska Airlines or an airline partner / Oneworld airline
- Buy Alaska Miles during promotions
The easiest way to do this is to apply for one of the two Alaska Mileage Plan credit cards offered by MBNA. Note that there is no welcome bonus for Quebec residents (although unofficially it is still possible to get one of the offers below).
It’s always good news to have other options for using Alaska miles (especially since the Emirates breakup). However, Qatar Airways may not be the best partner for all routes (especially to Asia). Other Alaska Mileage Plan partners such as Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines should be preferred.