Here is the list of countries whose nationals can visit the European Union during the period of COVID-19.
Update: October 21, 2020
The List of Countries Whose Nationals Will Be Allowed to Enter the European Union
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- China (subject to reciprocity)
Canada was removed from the list on October 21, 2020.
Right now, in order to travel, it is up to everyone to analyze the situation according to their situation, including:
- Insurance: Are you covered for your travels by your group or private insurance, whether in connection with COVID-19 or for any other medical emergency? Check with your insurer. More info in this article.
- Entry requirements: each country has its own regulations. Some will only let in nationals or bi-nationals, others will require a negative COVID-19 test.
- Requirements upon return to the country: only permanent residents and Canadian citizens can return to Canada at this time. If you are in Canada on a Visa, it is not advisable to leave the country.
- A possible quarantine on your return: at this time, if you return to Canada from abroad, you will have to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Changes: as the situation is still unstable, some borders may close and flight options may become more restricted.
So take all this into consideration before moving forward.