Gatineau and Tourisme Outaouais are offering $100 to spend in the form of a prepaid card. You must book at least 3 consecutive nights in the same hotel between July 07 and October 31, 2021. The list of participating hotels can be found on the Tourisme Outaouais page.
The $100 Hello Visa prepaid card can be used at participating businesses in downtown Gatineau.
Here’s the procedure:
- On the home page of the promotion, click on the website of a participating hotel
- Book your stay of 3 consecutive nights or more directly on the hotel website
- The latter will send the information to Hello Network (the program manager), who will send you an email with instructions on how to claim your card
- After a minimum of 10 business days, you will receive your Hello Visa Prepaid Card in the mail with a balance of $100
The $100 Visa Prepaid Card is valid at many restaurants, bars, leisure getaways, spas and even the Rogers Interzip.
In fact, this new zipline recently opened and crosses the Ottawa River, linking Ottawa and Gatineau. It is considered to be the first interprovincial zip line in the world. Interesting concept!
The small prints
- The stay must take place between July 15 and October 31, 2021
- A minimum non-refundable amount of $100 is prepaid at the time of booking
- The reservation is mandatory and must be made at least 10 working days before the stay
- The reservation must be made directly with the hoteland not with a third party (e.g. Expedia, Booking, etc)
- The card cannot be used to pay for accommodation.
At the time of publishing this article, the promotion was not posted on the participating hotels’ websites.
For example, the Four Points by Sheraton & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa did not indicate anything about the $100 prepaid card in the results of a search for 3 nights in August. However, after speaking to a hotel manager, I was assured that the promotion would be applied without any problems.
Make your overnight stay reservation now, while respecting the dates and conditions of the offer. The Four Points By Sheraton in Gatineau takes care of the rest.
It seems that the promotion started very quickly and that hoteliers have not yet had the time to modify their booking site accordingly.
So, your 3-night stay with a hotel bill of $250 or more at the Four Points by Sheraton in Gatineau will cost you $100 less!
Combine the 2 offers:
- Discover Quebec: Spend $250 at a Quebec hotel and get $50 in statement credit
- Marriott Bonvoy:Spend $200 at a Marriott hotel and get $50 in statement credit
Nice way to get a great vacation at a lower cost.
You have to be prepared in advance and follow the terms of the offer, but if everything is done correctly, you have good savings to make.
Enjoy your trip to the region!
Photo credits: Tourisme Outaouais. Photos Canadian Museum of History and Gatineau Park: Myriam Baril-Tessier. SUP on the Ottawa River: Mathieu Foote.