About Credit Card Balance Transfer
Before we talk about credit card balance transfer, let’s talk about something. On milesopedia, we always urge you to pay your credit card balances on time.
We also strongly advocate for you not to go into debt with your credit cards. Credit cards have incredibly high-interest rates compared to personal loans or credit lines.
However, if you end up with high credit card balances, you may be interested in credit card balance transfer offers.
These credit cards offer lower interest rates for a few months to free you from this burden.
The credit card balance transfer offer
Until July 14, 2020, MBNA has a special offer for credit card balance transfer, depending on your province of residence.
If you live outside Quebec, this is the special offer you could get for credit card balance transfer:
- 0% promotional annual interest rate for 10 months on balance transfers completed within 90 days of account opening
- with a fee of 3% of the amount advanced (minimum fee of $7.50)
- No annual fee
If you are a resident of Quebec, this is the special offer you could get for credit card balance transfer:
- 0.99% promotional annual interest rate for 10 months on balance transfers completed within 90 days of account opening
- No balance transfer fee
- No annual fee
Our advice on credit card balance transfer
We remind you: travel should not go through debt. However, if you pay high interest for a dragging credit card balance, take advantage of one of these credit card balance transfer offers.
And make a plan to pay off your debts:
- Don’t charge new expenses to your new credit card: just gradually pay off the transferred balance, ideally within the next 6 to 10 months.
- Charge your day-to-day expenses on your original credit card and pay it on time, without leaving a balance lying around as you’ve done in the past
- If you can’t do it, make an appointment with your bank to make a stronger plan (through a home equity line of credit or a personal loan with a much lower rate (3% to 4% instead of 12% to 20% with credit cards).