Air France has announced the extension of its commercial measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic: modification, cancellation, Flying Blue.
COVID-19: Air France Extends its Commercial Measures
Change without charge
Your flight is scheduled as planned but you prefer to travel later?
Are you unable to travel on the scheduled date, but would like to travel later?
- You can change the date and/or destination of your ticket, regardless of your ticket’s fare conditions, up to the day of departure of your first flight. If the price of your new ticket is higher, you will only pay the fare difference.
Refunds with no fee
Your flight is scheduled as planned but you no longer wish to travel?
Are you unable to travel as planned and want to cancel your trip?
- You can request a ticket refund for any flight scheduled on or before 31 December 2021, up to the day of departure of your first flight.
- If you purchased a non-refundable ticket, you will receive a voucher valid for 1 year. This voucher can be refunded at any time during its validity.
The Refundable Voucher
Like other airlines, the travel voucher is a credit:
- In the current context of the Covid-19 crisis, a travel voucher is a personal, non-transferable credit, which is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
- It can be used to purchase a ticket or extra options from the Air France and KLM websites or ticket offices, for a flight with Air France, KLM, Delta Air Lines, or Virgin Atlantic.
- The ticket or paid options issued in exchange for the travel voucher must match the first and last name of the voucher holder.
However, Air France allows its customers to request a refund of this voucher under one of these conditions:
- if your original flight was cancelled
- or if your original flight was scheduled before 31 December 2021 and you decided not to travel.
You can request a refund of your voucher from the My bookings section of our website.
Flying Blue Miles Validity Extension
In April 2020, Flying Blue announced and implemented immediate measures to prevent Miles from expiring until the end of 2020. As the situation is still uncertain, this validity is extended until the end of December 2021.
If you are a Silver, Gold or Platinum member, your Miles remain valid for life. You are an Explorer member and your Miles expire between December 2020 and November 2021? Air France will then extend their validity until December 2021. Miles expiring in January 2022 or later are not affected by this measure.
Read this page for more information about miles’ validity extension.
Flying Blue Elite status extension
Flying Blue renews the levels of all Elite members with a qualification period between now and December 2021.
In case your qualification period ends between now and December 2021, you will keep your current level even if you do not reach the XP objective.
Also, Flying Blue will automatically top up the surplus XP for Elite members with a qualification period between now and December 2021, if it’s lower than last year.
That way, you hold on to all your XP and don’t miss out on maintaining or boosting your status. The surplus XP support will be added within a month after the start of your new qualification period.
Read this page for more information on the Flying Blue status.
Rebook and cancellation policy for reward tickets
Flying Blue reward tickets are changeable without a fee and refundable from now on.
See this page for all the terms and conditions of this policy related to Flying Blue Reward Tickets.