Here are the best credit card offers in Canada to not miss for your future travels!
Best Credit Card Offers For Future Travel
Two offers are especially attractive for Quebecers since they require little or no minimum spend:
- With the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®, you’ll get 130,000 points (a $650 value for your travel) if you keep your account open and active for 180 days
- With the TDMD AeroplanMD Visa Infinite * Card , you will earn 15,000 Aeroplan Miles after the first purchase and 10,000 additional Aeroplan Miles after 90 days. Or 25,000 Aeroplan Miles for free !
So you could easily apply for one of those cards, along with the National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard®, which requires to spend $4,000 in 3 months to get $300 in cashback (and the first-year is free)!
HSBC World Elite® Mastercard®
The HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® is a great credit card with no foreign transaction fees, especially for travel purchases.
For a limited time, you can get:
- Quebec: up to 130,000 points (or $650) with no minimum spend requirement
- Outside Quebec: up to 100,000 points ($550) after $5,000 in Card purchases in 6 months and a First-Year Annual Fee Rebate
Finally, with the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® you get:
- $100 annual travel credit (for airport lounges, for example)
- Unlimited access to Boingo WiFi hotspots around the world
- 10% discount for hotel bookings on Expedia or Agoda
- Premium insurance for your travels and purchases
Finally, the HSBC World Elite® Mastercard® does not charge any conversion fees for foreign exchange transactions: you save 2.5% for each transaction.
And it’s one of the best credit cards for Costco, earning 3 points per dollar there.
- 6 points per dollar for travel purchases (flights, hotels, Airbnb, all-inclusive, etc.)
- 3 points per dollar for all other purchases
But you can also transfer your points to three airline loyalty programs: British Airways Executive Club, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer.
TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you earn1.5 points for every $1 spent on:
With the TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card, you can get:
- A welcome bonus of 10,000 Aeroplan points when you make your first purchase with your new card
- An Air Canada Buddy Pass (different rules depending on your province of residence)
- An annual fee rebate for the primary cardholder (instead of $139)
- An annual fee rebate for the first additional cardholder (instead of $75)
- $100 NEXUS fee rebate
- Up to eight passengers travelling on the same reservation will all enjoy their first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight.
For Quebec residents only: You’ll receive the one-time use pass when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account opening. More info here.
For Residents outside of Quebec: You’ll receive the one-time use pass when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of Account opening. More info here.
National Bank's World Elite Mastercard®
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is the best credit card from NBC.
For a limited time, you can get a $300 cashback after $4,000 spending in the first three months. And no annual fee the first year (a $150 saving)!
You can earn up to 2 points per dollar in Card purchases, including at Costco.
Besides, you get up to $250 in travel credits per calendar year:
- Airport parking: $100
- Baggage fees: $100
- Seat selection: $50
The National Bank’s World Elite Mastercard® is a credit card to keep, year after year, for several reasons:
- it has one of the best travel and purchases credit card insurance on the market
- up to $250 travel credit per year
- Unlimited access to the National Bank Lounge at Montreal-Trudeau airport
American Express Cobalt™ Card
The American Express Cobalt™ Card is the best American Express Credit Card.
You can get up to 30,000 Membership Rewards Points as a Welcome Bonus, that’s a $300 value. You can earn 2,500 Membership Rewards® points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $500 in net purchases on your Card.
If you spend $500 in the 5x categories each month, you could get up to 60,000 points or $600 during the first year!
You can redeem your points in statement credits towards travel purchases or even on your everyday purchases. Or you can transfer your points to Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors.
With the American Express Cobalt™ Card, you earn between 1 and 5 points per dollar:
|Category||Points per dollar|
|Restaurants and bars||5|
Besides, this Card provides premium insurance: Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance, Baggage delay, Lost or Stolen Baggage, Flight delay, $250,000 Travel Accident, Hotel or motel burglary, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan, Purchase Protection Guarantee.
American Express Business Edge™ Card
The American Express Business Edge™ Card is a small business credit card in Canada. The annual fee is only $99 and this credit card offers up to 42,000 Membership Rewards points in the first year, a $420 value.
You can earn 3 times the points on:
- Office supplies (Staples, etc.)
- electronic (Apple, Dell, etc.)
- Eats & Drinks
Besides, you can add up to 99 supplementary cards at no cost.
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card is the best credit card for free hotel nights.
You can earn 50,000 Welcome Bonus points, enough for several free hotel nights at one of the 7,000 Marriott Bonvoy properties around the world. And you can earn 2 points per dollar on all your purchases.
Besides, you will receive an Annual Free Night Award after your anniversary each year (35,000 points value) and 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year, counting for your Marriott Bonvoy status.
Finally, this Card has reliable insurance: Baggage delay, Lost or Stolen Baggage, $500,000 Travel Accident, Flight delay, Hotel or motel burglary, Car Rental Theft and Damage, Buyer’s Assurance® Protection Plan, Purchase Protection Guarantee.
BMO® World Elite®* Mastercard®*
The BMO® World Elite®* Mastercard®* is one of the best Mastercard credit cards with travel points in Canada.
You can get a welcome bonus of 40,000 points (285$ travel value):
- 30,000 points after you spend a minimum of $3,000 within the first 3 months
- an additional 10,000 BMO Rewards points anniversary bonus, 12 months after the Credit Card account open date
In addition, the $120 annual fee is waived in the first year!
With the BMO® World Elite®* Mastercard®*, you get 3 points for every dollar spent on:
And 2 points for every dollar you spend, Costco included!
You can redeem your BMO Rewards points on travel booked on the BMO Rewards website (flights, hotels, rental cars, all-inclusive).
The BMO® World Elite®* Mastercard®* also offers:
- 4 complimentary passes to airport VIP lounges
- Premium insurance for your travels or purchases
- Concierge services
Finally, you can combine the points you get with the two other BMO Rewards cards to save even more on your travels!