American Express and Air Canada are partners for Aeroplan credit cards. Today, the two companies announced the launch of an exclusive, invitation-only credit card: the American Express Air Canada Card.
Air Canada American Express Card: Details
Access to Air Canada Signature Ground Services
As an American Express Air Canada Cardmember, you will automatically receive access to Air Canada Signature ground services, including the Air Canada Signature Suite (available in Toronto and Vancouver). And at all Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges around the world.
This access is available to the American Express Air Canada Cardmember and a guest departing on an Air Canada flight.
Aeroplan 50K Elite Status
As an American Express Air Canada Cardmember, you will earn Aeroplan 50K Elite Status automatically.
This benefit is available to the American Express Air Canada Cardmember and each Supplementary American Express Air Canada Cardmembers.
With this status, you can access the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges or Star Alliance Lounges, for example. Aeroplan 50K Elite Status is equivalent to Star Alliance Gold Status.
Access to the American Express Lifestyle Concierge
As an American Express Air Canada Cardmember, you will automatically access the American Express Lifestyle Concierge. It is a personalized concierge service offering support both in Canada and internationally.
How to get the American Express Air Canada Card
American Express and Air Canada have not disclosed the criteria required to be invited to become an American Express Air Canada Cardmember.
All we know at this time is:
- you must be an American Express®* Aeroplan® Reserve Cardmember
- that the selection criteria will be very high
- as well as the criteria for maintaining annual Cardmembership
This invitation will not be extended to American Express® Aeroplan®* Business Reserve Cardmembers. Air Canada and American Express: if you are reading this message, I would love to receive this American Express Air Canada Card 😀
The American Express Air Canada Card will include the other features of this premium American Express Card such as:
- 3 points per dollar on eligible Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations purchases
- 2 points per dollar on restaurant, bar and food delivery purchases
- 1.25 points per dollar on everything else
- $100 Statement Credit every 4 years for NEXUS membership or renewal fees
- Free first checked bag for you and up to 8 people travelling on the same reservation
- Priority check-in and boarding at the airport when flying with Air Canada
- Priority baggage handling and upgrades with Air Canada
- Annual Companion Pass if you make $25,000 in purchases during the year
- eUpgrade credits rollover to the next year
- Access to priority security screening at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Complimentary and unlimited access to all Maple Leaf Lounges located in Canada and the United States.
- Metal card
- Premium insurance